Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashdown Little Bastard UK hand built Limited Edition no. 38/100

cameltoe

Hi,

I love this amp to pieces. It sounds amazing, and is a great introduction to the world of valves. I've decided to possibly move it on, as I can only really use it at smaller gigs, where it's coped well, but I'm trying to cut down on the amount of gear I own and settle on a standard set-up I can use for every gig.

This is one of the first 100, UK Hand-made Little Bastards, and comes with a hand signed document from Dave Green and Mark Gooday. As you know, the cheaper Chinese factory made versions are not on sale yet, but are priced at £400 on pre-order.

The only UK one I can find for sale online is priced at £475 + P&P

I've used it for recording and 3 gigs and it really sounds amazing. Classic valve punch. Will break up very easily and give a wonderful valvey grind.

It's in very good condition.

Tradewise I'm hoping for a direct swap for an interesting P bass (Tokai, Jap Fender or Squier), G&L L-2000 etc, possibly Hoppus P bass.

Or I'll add other gear to trade off for a US Precision or MM Stingray. I've got a Classic Vibe Squier 50's P bass I could throw in.

I'll also consider a straight swap for an iphone, I really miss mine!

I'm in Cornwall if you want to try it out. It's sitting on it's matching cab in the pic, which isn't for sale.

pics:

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='cameltoe' post='972848' date='Sep 30 2010, 03:55 PM']I can only find one for sale on google shopping, currently £475

I'm not sure when the Chinese ones are due to arrive.

I'm half tempted to hang on to it, if only for the fact the value could go up. Who knows.[/quote]

Lovely little amps, I've been using mine almost every day for 6 months now, I always get that tone & a smile :) No problems with it either.

There's [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ASHDOWN-LITTLE-BASTARD-VALVE-BASS-HEAD-CAB-UK-/260652640527?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cb01ba90f"]No.26 with a 212[/url] on ebay for £839 so your's is a real bargain for someone who's got a cab already!

Good luck with the sale but if I was you, I'd keep it :lol:

Cheerz, John

Edited by KiOgon

Yep it is a beaut, I really like it, but having just bought a house I really need to scale back my gear. It sounded awesome in some recordings we did earlier in the year, and I have managed to gig it at places where I would have normally taken my Trace 150w combo.

Still here, so....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...