Why become a member? ×

Need a hand with peddle sellection plx XD

Cliff Burton

[quote]if your new to effects, its the only way[/quote]

I dunno, I did a s**t-load of research and went the single route from scratch... worked out cost effective for me because I knew exactly what I wanted without having to buy a multi-unit although for most the multi path is probably the best.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='110505' date='Dec 29 2007, 11:48 AM']buy a cheap zoom multi effects pedal, have a play with it, decide what effects you like, and expand on them with individual pedals

if your new to effects, its the only way[/quote]

Sound advice - I would have to agree with this approach.

[quote name='umph' post='110498' date='Dec 29 2007, 11:35 AM']morley wah and big muff? sounds like you'll like it from your name[/quote]

I tried buying a big muff off the bay, and by mistake ended up with the double muff fuzz. i have since tried the big muff (owned by a guitar playing friend) and i actually preferred the double muff fuzz, having thought the big muff would blow it out the water.

jus my 2 pence worth saying you may get [i]ideas[/i] from here, but they're no substitute to trying stuff out yourself.

also i do recommend the double muff fuzz if you're after a distortion

[quote name='neilb' post='110500' date='Dec 29 2007, 11:35 AM']You may get specific advice if you ask a specific question Cliff.

Do you want views on what pedals/effects do what?

Do you want advice on connections/setup etc?

In other words, your question is a bit vague.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this dude, well.. views would be good I can see I have a few so far, and any advice on setup and connections from anyone would be great.
Cliff

Pick up a second hand Boss ME50B, decide what you like, and sell it on to the next perosn who wants to try pedals. For metal, you can't go wrong with the Boss ODB3, most bands I've seen use one for their bass drive, eq and blend mean vast amounts of tweak if you don't like the first sound you get.