Why become a member? ×

Fender MIJ 5-string bass, non export model.

Chimike

Next to go is my Fender, made in Japan, 5 stringer. I imported this directly from Japan , about 4 years ago, have gigged it only twice, so it's in nearly as new condition. Serial no is H0033X, so I believe it was built late 80's. Was unplayed, when I bought it . This is not the , normal , traditional Fender bass, much more modern sounding. Has 22 frets, active eq, fender USA hot rod pickups, rosewood (or similar ) fingerboard, cast bridge, brass nut, lightweight tuners, was made for the Japanese home market, so has narrower string spacing than the USA 5 string, and also, is very light. Fabulous looking bass, plays great, just had it set up by mr B, but I want to use my Giffin 5 string , so ..............Only £595 collected from west Sussex.

Now, I won't use carriers, but I do travel with my work, from time to time, so I am willing to help with delivery, where possible, for the cost of the diesel
[attachment=59779:DSCF0531.JPG]
[attachment=59778:DSCF0532.JPG]
[attachment=59777:DSCF0535.JPG]
[attachment=59776:DSCF0536.JPG]
[attachment=59775:DSCF0537.JPG]
[attachment=59774:DSCF0538.JPG]
[attachment=59773:DSCF0539.JPG]
[attachment=59772:DSCF0540.JPG]
[attachment=59770:DSCF0543.JPG]
[attachment=59771:DSCF0542.JPG]

[quote name='cmartyr90' post='969467' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:54 PM']lovely looking bass, would you be up for trading?[/quote]
Hi,

Looks even better in the flesh, I'm not very digi-camera enclined. The finish, btw, is satin, and the neck has that lovely, smooth, non-sticky ( sorry to be soooo technical ) finish you now get on high end basses.

I'm actually trying really hard to cull my collection, as so many of my basses just don't get played ! However, I do have a weakness, so you could ask.

[quote name='cmartyr90' post='970557' date='Sep 28 2010, 12:24 PM']well I dont know if it'll be your cup of tea but I have a Yamaha TRB5ii or a 5 Mex Fender Jazz and I can throw in an MXR Blowtorch (pretty mean fuzz pedal) hopefully that'll be your weakness :)[/quote]

Hi Sorry, not my bag !

Don't think I could get another bass past the Mrs, but I would try and slip in an EBS amp head, if anyone had one !

[quote name='Chimike' post='974786' date='Oct 2 2010, 10:41 AM']Hi Sorry, not my bag !

Don't think I could get another bass past the Mrs, but I would try and slip in an EBS amp head, if anyone had one ![/quote]
What about a TC Classic 450 head with carry gig bag. Maybe a Line 6 DL4 aswell?

Edited by BigJim

• 3 months later...

[quote name='deaver' post='1096241' date='Jan 20 2011, 12:41 PM']What's the string spacing on this? [i](asks the man who said he isn't going to buy another 5 string)[/i][/quote]

Hi,

Sorry it takes me so long to reply, but I've measured the string spacing, and can't decide if it's 16 mm or 17 mm, at the Bridge.
So the answer is .........16 or 17 mm....or thereabouts.

Hope that helps.

I used to think the spacing was quite close, but I've been playing my Aria sb1000 a lot recently, and suddenly the Fender dosn't seem close.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...