Why become a member? ×

Can I have some help valuing a Trace cab?

Delberthot

I am considering selling my cab.

Its one of the carpet covered square 2x15" ones that were built to go with the much revered V-type valve heads.

As far as I can tell it is sealed, the bottom end it produces would suggest that anyway. The grill isn't visible as it is covered in a grill cloth slightly lighter green than the carpet so it looks good and will take something hitting it as it still has the proper Trace metal grill behind it.

Condition, I reckon would probably be 9/10 and that's being strict. not 9/10 given the age but I've honestly seen cabs in shops in worse nick than this. Until last year it had lived in a proper full flight case that weighted as much as the cab itself so I sold that and bought one of those waterproof ones from Roqsolid or somewhere like that in black with the green piping.

It is also fitted with 4 heavy duty casters, with the front 2 having locks on them.

Now I'm pretty savvy when it comes to gear but I don't recall ever seeing another one of these 2x15"s and certainly nothing similar in such good condition so for the first time I'm asking for some help to see about what sort of price I might get for this.

[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/i/dsc06298large.jpg/"][/url]
[url="http://img594.imageshack.us/i/dsc06300large.jpg/"][/url]

I'm not selling it just now but am just wondering how much I could expect to get for it before I make any decisions as I am finding it a bit overkill as a monitor for my wedding band - yes that setup above is what I take to wedding gigs, a rock rig.

Its rated at 500w @ 8ohms, the amp I am using with it is a GK700RB II and trust me it does not need another cab to get it down to 4 ohms to be heard in a big pub wth no PA support.

That's maybe the problem these days. The world is full of bass playing jessies who simply must have the lightest neo cab and micro amp to cope with their frail bodies. :)

I jest of course. Or do I? :brow:

An 8x10" I can understand but I was comparing weights with Ampeg gear - its 20kg less than their 8x10" and 3 kg more than their 4x10" so its not that heavy

Edited by Delberthot