Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fenix Telecaster.

Hey guys.

I have a Fenix Telecaster for sale, made in Korea by Young Chang. Serial number E906440

First out, i am not a guitar player, i am a bass player and know very little about guitars in general so bear with me! I will describe the guitar in the most honest terms possible.

Anyway. This is a Fenix by Young Chang telecaster, it has the old style telecaster headstock, maple/maple neck combo with Sparkle Candy apple red finish. Standard telecaster features. Skunk stripe down the back of the neck.

The neck is in very good nick with tuners 100% fine. There is some minor fretwear but a non issue.

The body has long scratches on the front and back of the body, its really hard to see beyond very close up but they are there. On the front of the body they are near where the arm would rest. Looks like some hard plectrum usage. They are in the finish and not the wood only. There are also some scratches near the jack input.

The bridge is fully working with no problems.

The pickups are working A-ok. However the 3 way switch needs looking at when neck pickup only is selected. I would suggest a replacement. Its definitely the switch and not the pickup that has the problem. The volume and tone knobs are very solid.

I have just put a new set of Ernie ball regulars on her and the guitar has a low action. No problems with string bends choking out either.

The pickguard screws are pretty rusty. The switch tip is missing.

Anyway. That is my appraisal. Because of the scratches and issues with the selector switch, i am selling this guitar AS IS.

Price is £130 shipped. £115 picked up from Bristol.

Heres some photos!

I had a sunburst slimline version of this guitar for quite a few years and it was a belter.
Only really used it for writing and Johnny B Goode kinda stuff in shows, but it was a good as any thing Young Chan's previous employer put out IMO. :) :lol:

Good luck.