Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender MIJ Jaguar Bass (Oly White)+ upgrades/ Musicman SUB(Teal)

Prime_BASS

Fender MIJ Jaguar Bass!
Olympic White, with a black and tortoise shell pickguard, fender custom shop 60s JB pickups (alnico) dimarzio red clip lock strap, free set if schaller 1/2 enclosed tuning machines+string tree post.

History: I brought this brand new a little less than a year ago, I've lived it since but as I've grown as a player my tastes and playing style has changed drastically, I went from using a pick hanging low to on my chest finger style.
Not that this bass can't be played anyway you want but the sound and the thin neck is not for me anymore. After a while I brought a black pickguard from the US for £20 which makes it look rather different and IMO a bit more classic/simple, I've still got the OG tortoise one which will come with. I also installed a dimarzio red 2" clip lock strap but I still have the OG strap buttons. I also upgraded the pickups to the ones stated above, the cheap Japanese ones were a stronger out put but gave a poor sound, the alnicos are a lot more clearer across the range and help the preamp sound better aswell. Somewhere along the way it got dented on the front just by the front contour, it's small but does hit the wood slightly, there is also some grazing on the bottom but not massively visible even when up close.

Sound: at the end of the day it's got the stereotypical jazz bass sound with a few extra offerings, in series it's very deep with boosted low mids and cut highs, but turning the preamp on and adding some treble rounds the sound off, the 60s CS pickups give it a slightly sweeter tone than something growling or burping.

Price: £550 considering it's condition and extras, £100 pickups, £20 extra guard and amazing tuners, in a slightly ripped fender gig bag, I think it's a great price overall. Obviously I'll take offers, and if you want it delivered I'd expect a bank transfer with an extra £15 to cover postage.

Musicman SUB:
As I've brought the "real" thing I don't need this anymore.
Im not gonna bore you guys, you should know what these are.
Comparing it to a standard MM stingray 4H 2EQ IMO there is not anything between them other than the finish. The neck is the most different, it still feels like a stingray but the painted finish makes it slightly slower for those who sweat buckets through their hands (like me)
I don't what else can be said.
It's been used quiet a bit and there is the odd dint and chip off the finish but nothing drastic, and obviously it doesn't effect the great tone.
Comes with a White pearliod pickguard which transform the look.
Price is £350 collected, posted is an extra £15 and by bank transfer preferably.

Both basses are set up by me, I'm no pro but they do the job well enough for me to enjoy playing on them, they've both got freshly boiled EB super slinky strings on.

Trades, I would trade both of them for a White sandberg JM4 or PM4, not fussed on neck, as long as it's White of somekind. That's it really but worst I can say is No.
I'll get pictures up over the weekend!

Thanks
Stephen

Edited by Prime_BASS

• 1 month later...