Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* - TC Electronics BG500 210

pantherairsoft

[b]SOLD[/b]

I was lucky enough to have one of the first BG500's in the UK, and you don't have to look around the net very much to see that everyone thinks these combo's are bloody fantastic! - And they are!

Super powerful and packed with features. At a punchy 500w with 2 x 10" speakers, Tube drive, Compressor, Tuner and 3 storable presets for EQ, this is a combo capable of coping for gigs big & small as well as studio work.

For sometime I have been an EBS user. This is my 1st deviation from EBS and while it fills it's role, I have to be honest about the fact that I do miss the tone of my EBS rig use for other projects. I do need something to live at the studio though and so I am going to put this up for trade/part-ex with another EBS Head (as I have 2 cabs an one can live at the studio).

The BG500 is spotless, it was delivered to the studio and has been there ever since, used twice a week by me only. Not a mark on it & less than 3 months old. This is the more expensive 210 speaker version.

What I'm after...
EBD HD350
EBS Fafner (Yes another one!) + cash your way
EBS TD650 + cash your way

Will consider…
EBS Drome Combo (Prefer 15" but will consider 12")
EBS Gorm Combo
'Possibly' a Markbass head (Will consider most of the range)

[b]SOLD[/b]. Asking £450 Collected. As this is not a light combo it will be both expensive and hard to accurately protect during shipping, as such I'd prefer not to, but will do so at buyers expense and risk. That's over a £100 off retail for a combo that has not left the room it was delivered to after arrival 3 months ago! In fact its probably been played less than most of them sat in music stores around the country!

(apologies for the pic… only had the iPhone handy. If people particularly want better ones let me know!)

Sound samples and additional details from TC here - [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/bg500features.asp"]http://www.tcelectronic.com/bg500features.asp[/url]

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='965251' date='Sep 23 2010, 08:29 AM']Maybe try the MicroBass2 - assuming you can plug it straight into the power amp section of the TC...?[/quote]

There would be no way to do that with this amp I'm afraid… also, Having been a previous user of the Microbass II, I can say that while its a great bit of kit… it doesn't produce a real EBS tone like the amp heads do…

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

A 350 yes, a Fafner no. Mind you, if you are running EBS cabs, its the sound of the tweeters you are also likely to be missing. I've yet to hear a cab with such a dynamic tweeter (a bit too much for some unless you turn it right down).

Edited by EBS_freak

Agreed! Although I still hear tonal differences between the MBII and the 350… although now you mention it that could be cabs.

My drummer actually doesn't like my Neoline cab sound unless I dial the Tweeter down completely… Drummers eh! :-)

Think I'm pretty sold on actually getting he use of both my cabs again though and my 115 is perfect for what I'm doing. A trade for an amp head is defo the way forwards!

Shep

Given a slight change of circumstance, and that there are a number of the items I'm interested in available to buy both here and on eBay I am going to also offer this for sale.

[b]Asking £475[/b] collected from Nottingham. As this is not a light combo it will be both expensive and hard to accurately protect during shipping, as such I'd prefer not to, but will do so at buyers expense and risk. That's just short of £100 off new for a combo that has not left the room it was delivered to after arrival 3 months ago!

Still very open to the trade options listed in the OP.

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='Faithless' post='969774' date='Sep 27 2010, 05:55 PM']Well, I think my Drome Classic weighs about 16kg's..

But, doh, I thought it's a '[i]light[/i]' TC, and it seems, that it's not (32kg's according to tech specs?), dang.. :|

well, best of luck with the sale, bro!

easy
Faith[/quote]

No worries bud.

No the BG500 ain't light, but my god it has some punch, and it is 500w!!! Most uber powerful combo's have some weight behind them. I tried the RS classic combo's as well as a RH450 through an RS 210 and was unimpressed to be fair. I guess the tone was just not for me. The BG500 is, to my ear at least, a much fuller, fatter sounding beast… with LOADS more volume available to it.

But no, its not light. That said 32kg is around the same as an average cab and head (excluding specifically light weight stuff, eg. Genz Benz, MarkBass etc) and its only 1 piece of gear, so essentially still easier to carry than a separate head and cab!

Edited by pantherairsoft

I dig, what you're saying..

Back in good old days I had an Ashdown 'fridge' - well, at least the set was up to about fridge's height :) - it's 1x15 on the bottom, 4x10 and the head.. bloody hell, those things were heavy! 4x10 cab was about 26kg, 1x15 about 20kg maybe, and head was about 8kg - yep, lots of volume and 'room', but you got to pay for it.. :lol:

If I didn't plan to move to study (or start a career) away from Lithuania, I would be tempted in one of those 210 things - I believe, that 2x10 gives plenty of headroom, and isn't much of pain to carry around (assuming that I have a car)..

But now I'm heading towards very portable gear setup, including amp, , of course, which will be Ibanez PS combo with removable head.. well, yeah, it's 1x10, not lots of headroom, but it pays dividends when you have to carry it around in big cities, like London or NY..

easy, brotha
Faith

Edited by Faithless

Bump for shiny TC Electronics goodness!

A few things im interested in buying at the mo so would love someone to grab this beauty so I don't miss out.

So, let's make this an uber bargain - [b]£450 collected[/b]. Also updated trade options in opening post.

Edited by pantherairsoft