Why become a member? ×

1987 MARK 1 WAL BASS CUSTOM FOR SALE

kentishbass

Hi Everyone

I have a Fretted 1987 Mark 1 Wal Bass Custom for sale. The bass has been signed off by Ian Waller himself; his signature is visible on the back plate.

I originally bought in 1997 from a guitar shop in Dublin. About 4 years ago the input stage went and I was nervous about getting it repaired in Dublin.

I recently moved to London and, in the last month, have had the bass completely serviced by Paul Herman at Electric Wood's workshop. This amounted to £250 worth of repair and set up / servicing (I can provide an invoice by way of proof, just waiting on Paul to email one across).

It's lineage is interesting in that it has a separate serial number on the neck than on the body. Paul was unable to trace the serial numbers in the log book, but has confirmed that all parts are original to the sign off date.

It has some wear and tear, specifically to the finish at the back of the headstock and around the control knobs. Paul quoted me a price for repair to the finish at £450, but it was really an optional cosmetic choice and has not affected the sound or playability.

The serial number on the bolt on neck plate is W3072
The serial number on the electronics back plate cover is W2981 and is dated Nov ' 87 and has been signed off by Ian Waller himself.
It has a Brazilian Mahogany Core, African Wenge Faces and an Indian Rosewood Fretboard.
It comes with a custom built heavy duty flight case built by the Dublin Flight Case Company worth €250.

It is truly a one of a kind bass and, at nearly 25 years old, and having been birthed by the founding father of Wal basses, is destined to be a truly vintage and collectible bass.

I am based in London (Kentish Town area) and would ideally like a UK sale, at it simplifies delivery and could facilitate the opportunity for the potential owner to play it before purchase.

£4000 o.b.o

PM me if interested and wish to see photos.

Thanks.

[quote name='kentishbass' post='964752' date='Sep 22 2010, 06:24 PM']Am I not supposed to advertise sales on this forum?

Don't want to step on any toes; is there a forum I can advertise on?[/quote]

I think it was intended to inform that there is an actual 'sale' section of the forum, which you use instead of this part of the forum which is just about basses in general. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='964745' date='Sep 22 2010, 06:21 PM']That has to be the strangest place to have wear that is significant enough to warrant mentioning! :)[/quote]

You can ignore that sentance, if it makes you feel better :rolleyes:

I like to be upfront, my friend. Especially with a sought after instrument.