Why become a member? ×

Shuker custom "horn" 4 string.

giblett123

Morning everyone,

This is the latest instalment in my bass clear out. Ok, this is my custom built Shuker "horn" 4 string that I bought from new very recently, Its one of Jon's own shapes/specs so there probably isn't that many about. The fit and finish is right out of the top drawer with a really nice attention to detail and a fantastic neck, anyone who's played these will know how good they are, fat, punchy and very versatile, soundwise they are kind of cross between a 70's jazz and a Ray but you can dial in pretty much anything, I love it but as always I have seen something that I've been waiting forever to come up and need to raise some cash pronto!

[b]Specs:[/b] Bolt on neck (slimmish profile), 34" scale 24 frets. maple/wenge laminated neck, madagascan rosewood f/board with some nice patterning, carbon fibre reinforcement, two way truss rod, white ash body with a green tint and black grain fill satin finish, Delano PCHE & SBC pickups, ABM bridge, Gotoh tuners, black hardware, Seymour Duncan 3 band active circuit with "slap switch".

[b]Condition[/b]: Its new, pristine, there are no marks, scratches wear or any issues whatsoever.

[b]Price[/b]: I'd like £899 [b]NOW £650 ono to get things moving[/b] which is less than I paid and yes, I can ship & of course if you are in the Midlands you are more than welcome to come round and try it out.

[b]Trades[/b]: I wasn't as it was a fund raiser but I won't be offended by offers as you never know so please ask. especially if you have something passive e.g. a nice P?

Cheers for looking
Chris.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='JMT3781' post='963010' date='Sep 21 2010, 09:34 AM']I have one of these (currently waiting to be picked up by another member) And they are nice basses for the money, very light and comfy to play. Chris is cool to deal with.. so don´t hesitate those who missed out on mine![/quote]
Cheers James,

they are lovely, it's just I've seen a little bit of history I'm itching to get my hands on!

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='965096' date='Sep 22 2010, 10:50 PM']UP to the top ! Chris is an excellent guy to deal with and has sublime taste in choice of his basses. Ifthis is a s good as the one I bought form him it will be a spanker.....[/quote]
G'day Colin, you well? many thanks for the kind words, yep, this one is lovely but I'm lusting after a P bass at the mo, something passive and woody, probably change my mind again in a week or two!

[quote name='giblett123' post='965205' date='Sep 23 2010, 06:48 AM']G'day Colin, you well? many thanks for the kind words, yep, this one is lovely but I'm lusting after a P bass at the mo, something passive and woody, probably change my mind again in a week or two![/quote]
Friday bump! the bass I was after has now gone :) but if you have something passive/vintage sounding I could take a trade e.g. lakkie skyline Joe Osborn or Bob glaub, clean P bass.....