Why become a member? ×

SOLD

jsixties

Usually, I don't like relics, but I love natural wear. This one, however, has the nicest relic, I have ever seen. It actually looks pretty natural and it's subtle - not over the top trashed... Very nice looking bass! :-)

Have a free bump and good luck with the sales!

Edited by BoomBass

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='964684' date='Sep 22 2010, 05:29 PM']Not a Fender man normally but that is a beaut! If I had to have one that would be it! :) Oh and a nice little TV Bassman combo to go with it!

BB[/quote]

Wow - I agree with the other poster as well who said that the wear patterns - for once - look really natural, even the fading on the headstock. Normally I don't go for the artificial Road Worn look (why not just buy an old guitar?) but this is really really nice.

Out of my price range, but a really great looking guitar (and nice case too).

[quote name='bassotaiteilija' post='973650' date='Oct 1 2010, 11:07 AM']Whoaaa, this is a sweet one!

Correct me if wrong, but is there a screw missing from the tuner of the E-string? What's up with that?

Cheers[/quote]

Glups! You're right, I didn't become aware of that. This is the way that came from Fender.
By the way, the bass it's sold pending payment.

[quote name='jsixties' post='973667' date='Oct 1 2010, 10:35 AM']Glups! You're right, I didn't become aware of that. This is the way that came from Fender.
By the way, the bass it's sold pending payment.[/quote]

I can see that being part of the 'relic' job. All part of the believable history of an old bass. Things like changed tuners (that are changed for different ones and then the originals changed back) or lost/broken screws are all part of what might have happened to a 50 year old bass.