Why become a member? ×

Michael Manring event

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='970663' date='Sep 28 2010, 01:57 PM']Any further/definite details on this event yet? I'm well-keen, but I need to plan in advance cos I'll be driving down and back up on the night. :wacko:[/quote]
Sorry. I'm waiting too! There was some discussion from the artists about fine tuning the date. I'll chase and get back as soon as I hear.

Phil

[quote name='Conan' post='970707' date='Sep 28 2010, 02:26 PM']I loved his work in Dads' Army, so I'll try to be there...[/quote]
:)

Classic-comedy-related jokes aside, if there's anyone from the Tyneside/Tyne Valley area who's interested in this event, like I said... I'm planning on going down and back up on the night, so there's potentially space in my car for another 4 Geordies.

[quote name='Conan' post='970719' date='Sep 28 2010, 02:38 PM']Will think about that Owain, cheers. But it's on a school night therefore unlikely I think. :)[/quote]
Believe me, that thought's crossed my mind. But I can't see Mr Manring coming any further north, so I'm grabbing the opportunity while it's there.

That said, I reckon he could get quite an audience in Hall Two at the Sage. Hmmm. Someone should have a word with the bookings people there for the next time MM comes over...

The event date has now been revised, due to the way the rest of the artists' commitments have panned out.

This will now happen on [b]Thursday 21st October[/b]. The date change has meant a need to change venue too, so as soon as that has been sorted I'll update you.

Thanks,

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='971452' date='Sep 29 2010, 10:04 AM']The event date has now been revised, due to the way the rest of the artists' commitments have panned out.

This will now happen on [b]Thursday 21st October[/b]. The date change has meant a need to change venue too, so as soon as that has been sorted I'll update you.

Thanks,

Phil[/quote]

Thanks for the update Phil, change of date means I cant make this now on the thursday.... :)

I will have to try and catch one of his other dates on the tour whilst he is over here as I really dont want to miss him if possible...

Cheers, Dave

Have let the fingers do the walking today. The result is a short list of at least four candidate venues ...all hotels in central Harrogate. I'll be checking each out tomorrow, so all being well I'll have made the booking and have posted the details here by early evening tomorrow (Thursday).

Thanks,

Phil

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='971592' date='Sep 29 2010, 12:15 PM']Thanks for the update Phil, change of date means I cant make this now on the thursday.... :)[/quote]

Game on again Phil.....I have managed to move stuff around....Its going to cost me dearly of course as it was the wifes night out that has been cancelled for this..... :lol: I can see the pound signs moving before my eyes all ready.... :)

Hopefully have a couple of other twangers coming along with me once you have the details sorted...

Cheers, Dave

Just to say that I have just come back from the venue which is now sorted. Later today, I'll sort out the online ticket purchasing, but here's what is known right now:

[list]
[*]Venue: [url="http://www.coastandcountryhotels.com/England/Yorkshire/hotels/The-St-George-Hotel"]Swallow St George Hotel[/url], Harrogate
[*]There's hotel parking
[*]Mingling starts at 7pm (cash bar)
[*]Performance starts 8pm
[*]Tickets in advance at £10 BUT subscribers to the Bass Gear's (free) e-newsletter will get a 50% discount.
[*]A limited number of free tickets will be available to students on a full-time bona fide music course
[/list]

There's a batch of Zon Basses in California right now being boxed up to come over and be on display at the event. Hell, you can even buy them! Better still, Joe Zon is going to be attending too :)

Hope you can make it, as I truly think it will be worth it.

Phil

Tickets are now on sale. Just go to [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/zon-basses1/michael-manring-zon-clinic-21-october-2010-ticket/"]The Zon Bass page on bassgear.co.uk[/url]

[list]
[*]Venue: Swallow St George Hotel in central Harrogate (handy for trains and buses too)
[*]There's hotel parking and near by street parking
[*]Subject to audience numbers, seating will be 'cabaret' style (i.e. at tables)
[*]Tickets in advance at £10 BUT see special deal below
[/list]

£10 per ticket in advance or £15 on the door ...if it isn't sold out.

[size=4][b]Deal[/b][/size]
If you are a subscriber to Bass Gear's e-newsletter then email [email protected] using the email address you used to subscribe with and put ZON in the subject field. You will (within 24 hours) be sent the redemption code that gets you 50% off at the checkout. This applies to multiple tickets purchased online. Don't tell the touts :)

[b]Students[/b]
If you are studying an instrument/music at school or college then email [email protected] and let us know where/what you are studying and we'll hopefully get you on the Student List for free entry, though this is subject to availability. Please use this free offer responsibly as it's meant to benefit the unwaged music-learning student and there will only be so many such seats available.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='974051' date='Oct 1 2010, 02:22 PM']There's a batch of Zon Basses in California right now being boxed up to come over and be on display at the event. Hell, you can even buy them! Better still, Joe Zon is going to be attending too :)[/quote]
:lol:
Blinking flip!!

• 2 weeks later...

A week to go. Tickets are selling steadily and there's already enough coming to make a decent audience, but there's room for more without getting crowded.

Don't forget the Basschat discount deal, plus the free Student List (see post #38)

It should be an inspiring evening and not one that comes around to often.

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='988010' date='Oct 14 2010, 01:25 PM']A week to go. Tickets are selling steadily and there's already enough coming to make a decent audience, but there's room for more without getting crowded.

Don't forget the Basschat discount deal, plus the free Student List (see post #38)

It should be an inspiring evening and not one that comes around to often.

Phil[/quote]

Phil, I tried subscribing to the newsletter a couple of days ago but have had no confirming email. Should I try again with a different browser? Or should I just PM you my home email address?

Jon

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='988022' date='Oct 14 2010, 01:29 PM']Phil, I tried subscribing to the newsletter a couple of days ago but have had no confirming email. Should I try again with a different browser? Or should I just PM you my home email address?

Jon[/quote]
Can you PM me the email address you used for the newsletter subs please Jon so I can see if it registered?

Thanks,

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='974373' date='Oct 1 2010, 05:48 PM']Tickets are now on sale. Just go to [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/zon-basses1/michael-manring-zon-clinic-21-october-2010-ticket/"]The Zon Bass page on bassgear.co.uk[/url]

[list]
[*]Venue: Swallow St George Hotel in central Harrogate (handy for trains and buses too)
[*]There's hotel parking and near by street parking
[*]Subject to audience numbers, seating will be 'cabaret' style (i.e. at tables)
[*]Tickets in advance at £10 BUT see special deal below
[/list]

£10 per ticket in advance or £15 on the door ...if it isn't sold out.

[size=4][b]Deal[/b][/size]
If you are a subscriber to Bass Gear's e-newsletter then email [email protected] using the email address you used to subscribe with and put ZON in the subject field. You will (within 24 hours) be sent the redemption code that gets you 50% off at the checkout. This applies to multiple tickets purchased online. Don't tell the touts :)

[b]Students[/b]

If you are studying an instrument/music at school or college then email [email protected] and let us know where/what you are studying and we'll hopefully get you on the Student List for free entry, though this is subject to availability. Please use this free offer responsibly as it's meant to benefit the unwaged music-learning student and there will only be so many such seats available.[/quote]

Just wanted to doubly make clear that once added to the newsletter subscription, you then need to email me with ZON in the subject field so I can send you the redemption code!

Ta,

Phil

Information update.

There's a healthy number of tickets sold, surpassing my target in fact, but there's plenty of room for more. This is just to say that last minute online purchases are welcome (there's no physical ticket) as are cash buyers on the door.

For online purchases at www.bassgear.co.uk Email me for the redemption code for the Basschat 50% off.

Thanks,

Phil