Why become a member? ×

Trace AH200 head for sale 1990

Dudgeman

This is a sad day for me as I have owned this from new. It has been gigged with the likes of Steve Winwood and all my bands from Metal through blues to funk, it has recorded at Abbey road and many other studios and it was the first amp that I ever bought that finally made my bass sound like all the pros' basses. But after 20 years of service, 15 as my main amp and then the rest as a back up practise amp, it is time to find a new home.

The amp is a Trace Elliot Series 6 AH200 with GP12 preamp. It has pre and post eq DI. It has Pre shape and graphic switches. Active and passive inputs and a switchable noise gate that really works. The amp is in good overall cosmetic condition..there are marks to the covering ( see pic ), but all the sliders are good as are the knobs. No hissing, cracking all functions work as they should. It really is a sound amp.

PLEASE NOTE...This amp has been serviced regardless of cost..and I mean that. It has just had a full overhaul at Inner ear in Oxford (£85.00) so it is ready to go. The only thing that is really wrong with it is at some time the covers to the main retaining screws on the top of the sleeve have disappeared..but they are only black plastic push in covers and If I can find some I will include them.

I have quite a few hi res photos so I can email them to you if you PM me with your address. I am looking for around £250.00 and I can deliver to a 25 mile radius of Faringdon, Oxfordshire. The price is a bit negotiable but I am not desperate to sell and so offers would have to be close. I can take Paypal or cash..the latter preferred of course. Any trial welcome if you can get to me or I rehearse at Rotator Studios Oxford on a Wednesday night if you are around.

Thanks

Edited by Dudgeman

I've got exactly the same amp as this - although not sleeved - and it's a beast. I assume it's the one with the heatsink at the back rather than the fan? Classic Trace tone and bags of volume for not very much dosh. Easily compares in terms of volume to the latest breed of class D amps and built like tanks.

Free bump!

Thanks
Indeed it is the one with heat sink..proper Trace..proper sound and all round a brilliant amp. I am only selling as, if you have come across me on the forum, I play in Hypermused, "The UK's leading Tribute band", and have just picked up a full Marshall DBS system ( the same kit that Chris Wolstenholme uses and quite rare these days) and I also have an Ashdown ABM EVO rig as well. I actually think that it is a waste when an amp is not being used and i really hope someone grabs it and uses it properly..and gets loads of pleasure from it..
Thanks for the bump....