Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

IMPACT by STATUS 120Watt *** NOW SOLD *******

martin8708

[attachment=58625:impact___tent_028.jpg]I am testing the water to see if there is any interest in a 120 Watt all valve British made amp . Impact was started in 1963 and their factory was in Wardour Street above the '' famous '' Flamingo Club . They were taken over by Dallas-Arbiter and the amps that were built were modelled on the Sound City amps . This one has 6 EL 34 Valves and Partrige transformers ( same as Hiwatt amps ) with point to point wiring .
I have been using this one for weekly practice with a few mates -no gigging , and apart from the odd pot noise and some hum when it is turned on , it has been producing nice thick slightly fuzzy bass tones with a old P-bass .
There seems to be plenty of power and all the tone knobs work and it has never let me down .
I am playing it through a homemade Cab of 100 year old pine fingure-jointed at the corners (from my door frame of a Victorian house ) and 70 year old Mahogany as the front panel with a 15" eminence 300watt speaker .
I am selling as I just have too much bass stuff .
She sure is ugly and quite heavey , so this aint no Marshall Plexi , but if you fancy some Pure Valve tone on a shoe string , please drop me a message .
I live on the Isle of Wight , I can deliver to Lymington, Southhampton or Portsmouth in person .
I dont think my local Post Office will send this due to the weight , I am already persona non grata due to my posting cumbersome guitars .

Edited by martin8708

[quote name='parker_muse' post='954641' date='Sep 13 2010, 12:49 PM']How loud is this? I've always wanted a valve head. Ohms?[/quote]

If you're thinking of cranking one of these, you might want to ensure you have a clean pair of pants handy..... :)

Hi there , thanks for the comments, the amp is loud enough to compete with a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier amp played by a guitarist with partial hearing loss and a drummer who likes to thrash his Pearl Export kit. I'm sure that if you had a proper Cab that the amp will blow your windows out , as I am only playing through a home made cab , and I am no sound engineer . It has 4 / 8 / 16 ohm selector on the back and a '' sensativity '' switch ( for sensative players ? )
As I am stuck in the middle of the Solent , I can transport the amp only as a foot passenger which is alot cheaper option . To bring Amp + cab across ,I will need to bring a car across the Solent as I am too weedy to carry both .
If you are primerily interested in the amp only , I can deliver to Mainland ports for £200 including my travel . To bring both , I may ask for some extra cash to help fund some of the ticket cost.
The one quality that struck me about the amp is '' headroom '' , I never really appreciated it or believed it existed until I played through this amp - it just seems to have it .
Many Thanks again for looking .
Martin.