Why become a member? ×

Squier 'SQ' Precision, 1983/84, Sunburst

knicknack

Hey guys,

Up for sale is my beloved but sadly underused 'SQ' Precision for which i searched for a very long time! Mostly because due to wrist issues i now find playing anything that is not a guitar or short scale fairly difficult!

I'm guessing 83, seems to ring a bell from when i bought it... all the detail is in the pictures(I will try and get some better ones up as soon as possible!). She does have the usual dings and dents from over 25 years in our world, and sounds and looks like a real vintage 60s P. Currently Strung with Thomastik Flats, which this bass was made for i swear! I also have the two metal 'Guards' for want of a better word, and will throw in a fender strap too.

The bass comes with a pretty solid hardcase, which i have shaped with foam so the whole thing sits really nicely. I will happily post, but this will cost around £20 from my previous experience! Collections welcome from or near Exeter.

I have found it pretty hard to put a value on this but i have seen similar go for over £400... so we'll go for a square £400 to start, make me an offer!

Have sold plenty of basses and other bits of kit on basschat and ebay to great success, my feedback here is stored away somewhere!

Paddy

Edited by knicknack

i own exactly the same bass and it is a super precicion! it stands up very well against my ´73, ´74 and ´76 us-fenders and even has a nicer sunburst. i gig it as often as my fenders.

the price is a joke for a quality precision like this one.

good luck with the sale!!!

Another massive +1 for the quality of these - I had one a few years ago and it was by far the best - and best looking - Precision I've played. These were the second series of MIJ Squiers, the immediate successors to the coveted JVs, and are built to the same standard.

Being an anorak about such things, I did a lot of research when I had mine & it's worth mentioning that the ashtrays, finger-rest & tort plate aren't original, although they do really enhance the look of the bass - which is why I stuck a tortie on mine!

Anyway I'd say that's a fair starting point price-wise, you really don't see many of these - best of luck!

Jon.