Why become a member? ×

Prose jazz bass

buff

Have decided to get rid of my prose jazz bass, as ive hardly used it since changing the pick up's etc. fitted with emg J/MM active pick ups, battery compartment on the rear of the bass. Body has a few shrink marks on the paint. Looking for £250 ono. Please note this is a jazz bass made by prose, with fender decal's. Have now added new pic, as i realised it was an old pic .

Edited by buff

[quote name='buff' post='951109' date='Sep 9 2010, 09:07 PM']Have decided to get rid of my prose jazz bass, as ive hardly used it since changing the pick up's etc. fitted with emg J/MM active pick ups, battery compartment on the rear of the bass. Bady has a few shrink marks on the paint. Looking for £250 ono[/quote]

hey sorry to be a bass newby thicky but what do you mean by 'prose' ? is it a Fender jazz MIM, MIJ ? the mods are with the active pick ups yes? - what was the reason for changing them? is it heavy and would be suitable for small hands?

[quote name='CHARLIE-BROWNE' post='951227' date='Sep 9 2010, 10:39 PM']ah i see - so whats the spec do you know? it looks a cool bass

To be honest i dont know the spec's of the body other than paul had the neck made to his spec's, it is a very fast jazz neck with a body with good sustain.

[quote name='CHARLIE-BROWNE' post='951214' date='Sep 9 2010, 10:27 PM']hey sorry to be a bass newby thicky but what do you mean by 'prose' ? is it a Fender jazz MIM, MIJ ? the mods are with the active pick ups yes? - what was the reason for changing them? is it heavy and would be suitable for small hands?

I wouldn't mind knowing the weight either....

Willing to post?

I added the fender decal, because there was'nt one on it when i got it. If prose did a logo it would have one of his. It is a lovely bass to play with great sustain. Sound wise it sound's like a jazz with oomph, the rear pick up has a pull switch so it can be a single pick up or a humbucker.