Why become a member? ×

Cab & Head problem -advice pleeaassee???

[size="3"]I have a Line 6 HD 750 head going through Warwick 611 pro cab 6 ohms, playing with Ibanez k5 (active) also Tobias pro 4 (active) (both have new batteries)

Yesterday I got the cab and there is a very LOW distortion coming from the cab, I took it to a music shop and they were kind enough to look at all my gear, embrassingly was told to put in a new battery all was good got it home checked it all, it was sounding great and no distortion at all
Went out come back had a little jam and the distortion is BACK AGAIN!!!????
Went and brought the best batteries for both my basses and still distorted, I have listened through my head with my earphones in and in certain preset effect it sounds fine on others it is the same as it is coming through the cab ?????

ANY IDEAS GUYS this is driving me mad????

If it is happening with both basses then it isnt that. Try swapping for a new jack lead. Then try a different head or your head with a different speaker. It could be an earthing issue so try a differnt kettle lead and also try plugging it into another mains socket as it could be the house wiring.

[quote name='Truckstop' post='952723' date='Sep 11 2010, 02:03 PM']Nice to see the music shop picked that one up innit?

Truckstop[/quote]
tell me about it! ive found it so hard to find a decent music shop with staff who know anything about bass!
its almost like us bass players have to fend for ourselves thank god for bass chat!!