Why become a member? ×

Jam Sessions in Bristol

gcordez

I used to go to the now defunct Jazz jam session in the Full Moon on Stokes Croft which was a class night but everything else was blues or folk. I'd be up for a jam session as I could do with meeting a few more musos and getting another project going but no blues please - they're all guitarists or harp players and I've already got too many of those in my blues band....

So, what's out there and when's it happening?

[quote name='nick' post='949596' date='Sep 8 2010, 04:46 PM']I'd be up for attending one or two myself also.

There's a site for [url="http://www.open-mic.me.uk/"]Bristol open mic[/url] , but anyone know of the good ones?[/quote]

The nights at the Old Duke, Rose of Denmark, Mr Wolfs, Leftbank and The Full moon are all good, anything goes nights. Some of the others tend to be focussed more towards certain types of music like blues or folk.

Also, have a look on Facebook for Mark Venus Music in Bristol. Mark hosts a lot of open mic/acoustic sessions around the city.

[quote name='TheRev' post='949619' date='Sep 8 2010, 05:03 PM']The nights at the Old Duke, Rose of Denmark, Mr Wolfs, Leftbank and The Full moon are all good, anything goes nights. Some of the others tend to be focussed more towards certain types of music like blues or folk.

Also, have a look on Facebook for Mark Venus Music in Bristol. Mark hosts a lot of open mic/acoustic sessions around the city.[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in replying, not teasing- honest.

The ones i mentioned are mostly Jazz sessions and are on Mondays at the Canteen and the Harbourside (new venue) on alternating Mondays evenings. There is the Albert in Bedminster every weds also. Im usually the house bassist, i used to do the Full Moon session as the bassist before we moved on.

There is a Facebook page called 'jam sessions bristol' which spreads the word (im trying to be more organised...). Join that and it should keep you informed.

Please do come up and say hello, be nice to meet some basschatters in the flesh.

Greg

[quote name='gcordez' post='954093' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:54 PM']Sorry for the delay in replying, not teasing- honest.

The ones i mentioned are mostly Jazz sessions and are on Mondays at the Canteen and the Harbourside (new venue) on alternating Mondays evenings. There is the Albert in Bedminster every weds also. Im usually the house bassist, i used to do the Full Moon session as the bassist before we moved on.

There is a Facebook page called 'jam sessions bristol' which spreads the word (im trying to be more organised...). Join that and it should keep you informed.

Please do come up and say hello, be nice to meet some basschatters in the flesh.

Greg[/quote]

Were you the organiser of the Full Moon sessions? I seem to recall that the 'usual' bassist there was also the main bloke behind the night.

Mondays are pretty much my only 'night off' during the week what with gigs/rehearsals/teaching commitments etc. Arse.

Edited by TheRev

[quote name='TheRev' post='954780' date='Sep 13 2010, 02:15 PM']Were you the organiser of the Full Moon sessions? I seem to recall that the 'usual' bassist there was also the main bloke behind the night.

Mondays are pretty much my only 'night off' during the week what with gigs/rehearsals/teaching commitments etc. Arse.[/quote]

You could go to the jam at the Albert every weds as an alternative?