Why become a member? ×

Yet another new bass story!

theplumber

Found myself in Glasgow today,and walked by a pawn shop....in the window...a Sandberg Californian road worn bass....you know!..the one that looks like a Precision.........don't know what happened...but I came to...about 15 minutes later...with no money,and a slip of paper telling me I had paid a deposit of £100 for the bass,which was priced at £500...but had somehow been reduced to the great price of £460!......has this ever happened to any of you guy's or gal's.....and if so....could you tell my wife!......I have now had to put my Tokai Jazz Bass on e bay(plug plug)........to fund yet another guitar.....when will this stop!.....(go on,have a look at e bay....you know you want to!) :)

[quote name='cocco' post='945812' date='Sep 5 2010, 02:02 AM']Someone else scored a Ken Smith from crack converters. I'm sure there's a thread about these kind of happenings.[/quote]That would be a good thread...lets hear from anyone who has been out and about and has seen stuff for sale...sood or bad!......I went to cash converters in Falkirk last week...came away with Fender Strat(USA)...£400......Westone Thunder 1 A fretless...£89!......they were giving 20% off all guitars that day......bought the guitars for resale on e bay......but seem to have taken a shine to the fretless......though it did seem to shake the room at the last jamnite and spilled a pint over the drummer!.....Went to Stirling cash converters and they had a OLP 5 string Musicman copy on for £400...months later its still there....Bought a Sandberg bass in Glasgow from the pawn shop in Argyle St for £460.....its the road worn Californian p bass type with p bass pickups/musicman pickups...well I SAY BOUGHT...PAID A DEPOSIT!