Why become a member? ×

Gear For Sale Aguilar DB659/Eden

krispn

OK so it's with the future in mind I'm downgrading my entire rig as I have an opportunity for a new job in about 6 months time but that will require me to have a drivers license and probably a car too.

To fund an intensive course and hopefully some cheap wheels I'm having to move my gear which pains me quite a bit!

All the items are for sale and there isn't much if any wiggle room on the prices due to them being as keenly listed as I can.

**Items are based in Edinburgh**

AGUILAR DB659/Eden WT1000 -

SERIOUSLY good preamp/power amp set up. She will do dirty to a point but this preamp is all about deeep, full tone to die for. Im not sure how many of these were actually made but mine is either 9XX or 4XX (depending on who scrawled the serial number on the back of it)

The quality of Aguilar gear, and in my opinion Eden, speaks for itself without me wittering on. Needless to say its a classy sound that will work in most if not all situations. Simpe EQ options but it's so well voiced I'd bet most users of this, and the DB750 which shares it's tone stack , keep everything around noon. The Eden power amp also has the ability to tune the tone so your basic pre EQ can remain unchanged, using the power amp EQ to compensate for the room if needed without affecting your core tone. With my p bass its just a quality classic bass tone (can you hear the regret already in my typing)

The DB659 has 'global' tasteful EQ parameters - flat is a great tone. Adding more or less of any one knob sounds 'good' it might not be the sound your after but it wont sound like sh*t you know what I mean. It has a bright and deep switch: bright adds clarity without being overly glassy and the deep will give you all the dub you need. Extremes of any tone knob are never overly offensive IMHO.

Manuals
Eden - [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manuals/pdf/WT-1000manual2003.pdf"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manua...0manual2003.pdf[/url]

Aguilar - [url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_manuals_db659.pdf"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_manuals_db659.pdf[/url]

Price is £800 including the flight case - I'll split the shipping cost with the buyer.

Next.......

AMPEG USA 4x10 SVT Classic cab - Early HLN model rated at 500w/1000peak dbut I believe all Classic's are now 500w not 400 like before

Some prefer the more 'high end' cab - berg's epi etc but all i know is that nothing can compare to the sheer oomph of this cab - I love it to bits! For rock and most other types of music this will get you heard.This one has no castors but does come with flight case and the bottom tray has wheels to aid scooting it about. Some slight peeling of the tolex but its purely cosmetic.

Price is £400 including the flight case.

Pics to follow soon

TRACE ELLIOTt V Type 1x15 combo

Got this recently and was really digging it for a nice toneful 'practice amp' and for the smaller gigs / jamming at lower volume however it will put out over 200w at 4ohms and has a great tube vibe to it. Again with a P bass its just what you would want.

The covering on the amp is a little tatty but the everything inside is clean. The amp is on castors for easy movement and has custom made cover.

Manual - [url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/V-Type.pdf"]http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/V-Type.pdf[/url]

Price is £375 - collection would be the best option as postage could get pricey and plain difficult.

I may be able to arrange for a buddy to drive half way to meet if anyone is super keen - I'd say a few hours from Edinburgh -i.e. Newcastle, Carlise etc but we can discuss that if it arises.

Please do PM me with questions and I'll get more pic's added or provide links to some asap.

G

Edited by krispn

You definitely don't fancy downsizing, say little mark, plus a X hundred your way? I'll sell the DTR. I might stick my lot up for sale tonight, as I really do fancy this very, very much so indeed! Let's have a chat on pm and sort something perhaps, it sounds phenomenal!!!!!

Thanks for the interest lads and just a note - I'd say this rig is basically a DB750.
Same front end but with a more flexible power amp section with the ability to run mono stereo or bridged. I have no point of reference if the DB750 has as many output options but the Eden does a first class job with no problems plus it has those really useful tone knobs that allow you to fine tune your tone to suit the room without having to get into EQ tweaking....unless you want to :)

Thanks to all those of you who have been in touch. PM's have now all been replied to.

Edited by krispn

Cheers mate, really appreciate all the help!!

Guys, I was so close to buying this, and the process was an absolute pleasure. Gavin is a real gentleman, speaking on the phone a couple times! Have no worries anyone considering this!! Its a great rig, and a great seller!!

Hope it goes well bud, best wishes!!

Matt :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good question about the Eden bridge mode output
and a very nice sounding rig by the sounds of it..

I REALLY wish my golf club subs were not due this month as this would have taken me down the Aguilar path I have been looking at for some time.
I have waited all year for something to catch my eye... what bad timing..!!!

Well spotted and it also states on the back of the amp it's 900w bridged @4 ohm and if I recall 1000@ 2ohm? I have a pic somewhere on my mobile I'll attach to this reply.

Thanks for your question and if there is anything else I can help you with just drop me a line.

JTUK

Buy this instead and you can spend all that extra, non golfing time, not being frustrated and enjoying world class tone :)

OK I found the pic but I'll get a clearer one taken if you would like - just let me know.

G

Yeah at a recent little solo practice was just about to leave the room and noticed that a load of drum gear in the adjoining hall had fallen over due to the vibrations :) I was very reassured by this.

In context I normally run the power amp full and the gain on the pre about 13.00 with the output volume set at 9. It's always got bags of output to spare and bridged Oi Vey!

Edited by krispn

Bumpage - Have some interest but the guy is waiting until pay day (aren't we all) to confirm his interest.

We have agreed to let the ad fly until he can confirm.

So still up for grabs!

Do you want it, do you? I think you dooooo!

The guy who was waiting appears to be a bit of a time waster - he has been requesting other sellers to hold their gear for him so I'm not the only one to be let down by this total c*ck. Oh well you live you learn.

Had some request for the pre only so I have contacted all the guys who have expressed interest - should be back in touch within the next few days - and those who asked first will be replied to first - as promised.

bump :)