Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FT: TC electronic classic 450

RayFW

[quote name='Rumble' post='940984' date='Aug 31 2010, 02:20 PM']At the risk of sounding like a complete nunce, am I correct in thinking that 'vintage' tone is basically just 'thicker' with slightly compressed mids and not as much high end?[/quote]
That sounds pretty much spot on.
I would say this amp is more suited to rock/old skool funk/Motown etc. where you need warm low end grunt rather than top end detail.
It can also get reasonably grindy/dirty with the Tubetone cranked.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='941611' date='Sep 1 2010, 12:09 AM']I can only assume that you are looking £350 for a sale price as this seems to me the price of a used lm2[/quote]

I dont think he will accept cash price. I said I would buy this and collect as soon as he put it up and have had no reply regarding price.

I'm a little worried about being amp-less whilst I source a replacement hence the lack of a cash price.

Sorry if this makes me come across as a little awkward. I don't have the luxury of a backup head so being without an amp for anything more than a couple of days would leave me in a hole.

I do have a trade pending. If it doesn't come off, I'll consider selling and update the thread.