Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray - Black - Mint Condition - £750

Jebo1

I took this as part of a trade, but as much as I'd love to keep it, an encroaching £5,000 credit card debt means I have to sell it :-(

It's basically an 'as new' Musicman Stingray with the 3 eq balance. It's got a Rosewood board and literally hasn't got one mark on it whatsoever. It's as good as new.

What's better is the price, I'd sell it for the price of £750.

It doesn't have a hard case, but comes with a soft case. It's located in Bristol and the winning buyer can come and collect and inspect as they wish!

I can get as many pictures as you wish, just give me a few hours notice.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='936188' date='Aug 25 2010, 05:41 PM']Any idea of what year and any idea why there is no case? I never understand why someone would pay £1300-1500 on a bass and not use the case?Ta[/quote]

I know, it's an odd thing - I have custom made flight case for all of mine.

The serial number is: E24605

I think, although am always ready to be corrected, that this makes it a 2001 model. Obviously never been gigged as if I used it it would be covered in scratches, bumps, beer and cigarette burns.

This bass is too good for me.

Ha ha, this was mine.

I can guarantee that it is 'as new', and has no issues whatsoever. Also Lawrie is a great guy to deal with.

I think it's about 5 years old, and why worry why there's no case ? You make it sound 'suspicious'.

Cases take up more room than gig bags, they're more awkward to transport and a decent gig bag offers equally as much protection. I have a case for my SR5 that I keep being tempted to sell on.

It was too good for me too, I was worried it'd get damaged.

Edited by solofunkyjazz

Just to throw this in there. If anyone wants a Lakland Duck Dunn, i have one but would only swap it for a Musicman Stingray just like Jebo1's.

So if you want my Lakland, buy this Stingray and you got a deal!

[quote name='Jebo1' post='936206' date='Aug 25 2010, 06:03 PM']Cheers Kevin, hope you're loving the double bass and you haven't injured your hands yet trying to play it with such a high action!!![/quote]

The day my pre EB lives in a gigbag will be one long after its not mine anymore! All EBMM's came with hardcase that is pretty good (not as good as a flight case Iagree) and they change hands at well over £100 everytime so for me I would have to factor that into the price unless a suitable one was included thats all.Looks great too, very Flea! :)

if this were a fretless I'd buy it mate, case or no case!
I bought a new mm back in the 90s that came without the case - some dealers occasionally 'separate' them. No biggy I only ever use HSCs for storage anyway. A £60 gator case is plenty good enough for that.
Good luck with the sale.