Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BASSIX double basses. Any experiences/opinions?

Beedster

Hello!

Here's a couple of clips from a few years ago of me playing my Bassisx... Multitech, I think it was called?

Mine was set up to do 'boom and clack', which it did pretty well for an URB (IMO). It had a small but hollow body and three pickups (magnetic, bridge peizo and a peizo in the soundhole) whcih really gave it an acoustic air missing from many EUBs (again, IMO).

I can't really comment on his new models, as they're very different to what I had, but I reckon he'll have managed to improve them even more.

Alan is a great guy - very, very helpful. If/when you speak to him, send him my regards!

I have the New Tech and I too live near Alan. He builds them from scratch and the sound is as authentic as you can get.
Probably even more authentic with the larger sound box. He sets them up for you. A genuine boffin whose very helpful.

In my opinion the New tech sounds better than the Steinberger and the Yamaha, mainly because Alan doesn't use wood.
It's his own secret blend.

Adi

• 2 years later...