Why become a member? ×

phil jones suitcase and ext cab

munkonthehill

Hola my good people,

I have did a search on the PJB gear and the info is a tad old and a bit inconclusive.

So now its been on the market for a while and hopefully had a wider road test by the forum, I was wondering what folk think.

So if you dont know me, I play rock/blues in a crackin 3 piece. We play loud and dirty (in small to medium gigs).

Im in the market for lightweight and portable rig and I may be moving my stingray on for the suitcase and ext cab.

So before I go for a road test I was hoping for some insight.

Cheers
Steven

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='932484' date='Aug 22 2010, 09:03 AM']Hola my good people,

I have did a search on the PJB gear and the info is a tad old and a bit inconclusive.

So now its been on the market for a while and hopefully had a wider road test by the forum, I was wondering what folk think.

So if you dont know me, I play rock/blues in a crackin 3 piece. We play loud and dirty (in small to medium gigs).

Im in the market for lightweight and portable rig and I may be moving my stingray on for the suitcase and ext cab.

So before I go for a road test I was hoping for some insight.

Cheers
Steven[/quote]

Perhaps there are not many PJB users on BC hence the lack of response, but if it's any help, I use a PJB super flightcase and love it. It's portable, quality kit, and incredibly powerful. You need to play around to find your 'sound' and just accept you can get great bass out of those little speakers!

Bass Direct would be a good place to start for info. Hope this helps a bit.

Sue

Years ago I tried one in the Bass Centre and the combo on its own didn't inspire at all. All it had was slider controls and I don't like those so maybe I didn't get the best out of it. I thought it lacked bass but when the extention cabs was added, with no change to the eq, it sounded great. It came alive with full fat bass, clean mids and top sizzle and loads of punch.

PJB’s cabs used to be very heavy but now they are neo I think they would be interesting to try again.

[quote name='Sue' post='934516' date='Aug 24 2010, 10:12 AM']Perhaps there are not many PJB users on BC hence the lack of response, but if it's any help, I use a PJB super flightcase and love it. It's portable, quality kit, and incredibly powerful. You need to play around to find your 'sound' and just accept you can get great bass out of those little speakers!

Bass Direct would be a good place to start for info. Hope this helps a bit.

Sue[/quote]

yeah sue thanks for that, what kinda music do you guys play?

[quote name='chris_b' post='934534' date='Aug 24 2010, 10:35 AM']Years ago I tried one in the Bass Centre and the combo on its own didn't inspire at all. All it had was slider controls and I don't like those so maybe I didn't get the best out of it. I thought it lacked bass but when the extention cabs was added, with no change to the eq, it sounded great. It came alive with full fat bass, clean mids and top sizzle and loads of punch.

PJB’s cabs used to be very heavy but now they are neo I think they would be interesting to try again.[/quote]

thanks chris, I love deep dirty tones, so I think that this just may be too clinical for me,,,pity because its pretty much what i would be after