Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1200s

medders

[quote name='medders' post='931285' date='Aug 20 2010, 07:45 PM']Anyone care to enlighten me what each of the five knobs on the 1200S actually do?
Yes yes I know it sounds daft but I really want to know the exact details.[/quote]
I thought the 1200S only had two knobs. I have an 1100S with five knobs. If yours is like that, the top two knobs are volume and tone. The latter only works in passive mode. The bottom three knobs are bass mid and treble and these work only in active mode. There are two switches. The two-way switch switches between active and passive. The three-way switch switches between neck/neck + bridge/bridge pickups.

[quote name='stevie' post='931351' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:33 PM']I thought the 1200S only had two knobs. I have an 1100S with five knobs. If yours is like that, the top two knobs are volume and tone. The latter only works in passive mode. The bottom three knobs are bass mid and treble and these work only in active mode. There are two switches. The two-way switch switches between active and passive. The three-way switch switches between neck/neck + bridge/bridge pickups.[/quote]

My 1200 has two nobs. Don't know about 1200s.

[quote name='stevie' post='931351' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:33 PM']I thought the 1200S only had two knobs. I have an 1100S with five knobs. If yours is like that, the top two knobs are volume and tone. The latter only works in passive mode. The bottom three knobs are bass mid and treble and these work only in active mode. There are two switches. The two-way switch switches between active and passive. The three-way switch switches between neck/neck + bridge/bridge pickups.[/quote]
Thanks Stevie
My BB1200S does indeed have five control knobs just as you describe. Don't know what vintage it is but the Yamaha website dosn't recognise the serial number so I can't check it out.
Thanks again

• 3 months later...