Why become a member? ×

Octave

E sharp

Well, received my Boss OC3 and the MXR BOD the same day.

First impressions... I love the look of the MXR. And anything with blue leds gets bonus points as far as I'm concerned :lol:

Plugging in... they're so different!!!!

I like the tweakability of the OC3, and the drive option can be very nice... although I can always use an overdrive plus standard octave for that... but nevertheless, it's nice. Tracking is not so great once you start going low. Ok for short notes, but if you sustain a low note... Still, it's a great sounding pedal and I like it like it like it. I came up with a couple of great riffs with this pedal already.

The MXR is less in your face, but tracks better and sounds more "organic". Can't tweak as much, but it gives you the right controls to create a good solid fat octave sound that cuts through. Oh, and it's blue... and has blue leds, did I mention that already?

Although perhaps less versatile, I think I'm leaning towards the MXR.
The OC3... I may keep, just because I can get a couple of fantastic sounds out of it and the drive option is quite cool... but at the same time Octave is not a type of effect I use a lot, so I might just sell it on to someone who would actually use it, and use the cash towards something more useful for me.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions... both have really cool sounds! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...