Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Suitcase - Hi-Fi for Fat Wires!!

dodgnofski

Hi Guys,

After much deliberation I've decided to let this beauty go :) !

It's a Phil Jones Suitcase 200w - (300w with any 8ohm extension cab) Combo that just oozes Class 'Hi-Fi' Bass sounds!

Twin channels - which makes it ideal for using two different basses, such as a fretted & a fretless??

In virtually mint condition - complete with professional fitted dust cover.

The Bass Centre's price for one of these babies is £859 - so grab a bargain at £500 + postage! or collect - I'm 5 minutes away from J15 of the M6?

Message, PM me - or even text me on 07734 319983 if you require more info??

Edited by dodgnofski

love these amps, had a loan of one for a couple of gigs while my amp was out of action and was very impressed, kicked out an incredible amount of volume for its size + was tonally very pleasing also, pretty gutted I wont have dosh for another couple of weeks or would have taken it

Fantastic bit of kit. I am a total convert to PJB stuff and am very relieved that an impedance mismatch prevents me from buying this to run with my 6B!

As a matter of interest, what are the actual dimensions of this? I've read lots of varying figures and have always wondered which is correct!

Cheers

Gareth

Thanks for the kind comments - I thought I was literally playing through a Hi-Fi the first time I tried it & loud as heck!

[quote name='brick' post='928759' date='Aug 18 2010, 04:11 PM']love these amps, had a loan of one for a couple of gigs while my amp was out of action and was very impressed, kicked out an incredible amount of volume for its size + was tonally very pleasing also, pretty gutted I wont have dosh for another couple of weeks or would have taken it[/quote]

Hi, I've just measured it & to my very old eyes - 'in old money' - it looks like 17.5" High x 14" Wide x 17" Deep - approximately!

[quote name='walbassist' post='928761' date='Aug 18 2010, 04:13 PM']Fantastic bit of kit. I am a total convert to PJB stuff and am very relieved that an impedance mismatch prevents me from buying this to run with my 6B!

As a matter of interest, what are the actual dimensions of this? I've read lots of varying figures and have always wondered which is correct!

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

Hi,

I'm a bit too long in the tooth to start lugging valve amps around - sorry, but thanks for your interest & good luck with the sale.

All the best,

Tim

[quote name='s1ater' post='933103' date='Aug 22 2010, 09:19 PM']Long shot, but I dont suppose you'd trade for a marshall vba400?[/quote]

Well unfortunately I'm a lot nearer 60 than 50 :) ! & I manage to lift it into the boot of of my car to drive the 2 miles to my friends house to 'have a blast' + carrying it up the stairs to where it lives - but I do prefer to hold it underneath - kinetic lifting & all that jazz!

Ta for the interest,

cheers,

Tim

[quote name='stewartmusic' post='944419' date='Sep 3 2010, 12:04 PM']hey, how easy is the amp to carry with the 2 handles? it looks like it may be more cumbersome than helpful?

is £550 your lowered price?[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

**I now have another lightweight amp - so straight sale only now please**

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='945507' date='Sep 4 2010, 05:00 PM']Well unfortunately I'm a lot nearer 60 than 50 :) ! & I manage to lift it into the boot of of my car to drive the 2 miles to my friends house to 'have a blast' + carrying it up the stairs to where it lives - but I do prefer to hold it underneath - kinetic lifting & all that jazz!

Ta for the interest,

cheers,

Tim[/quote]