Why become a member? ×

Eden wt400 trade for a wt500 or wt800

chenzo_1

Are you certain you want to trade the magic sounding wt400 for the blend 800 of 550? I have experienced them all and only the 400 sounds that good (3 instances of it!) which might sound like voodoo s*** but it is actually true!

strange!

p

Maybe I`m not understanding your situation correctly but as far as I know and according to Eden`s manual the WT 500/600/800 heads only go down to 4 ohms per side.Hopefully I`d like to think this will help,and not complicate things for you ( sticking my oar in!)

regards

[quote name='jhk' post='926829' date='Aug 16 2010, 07:50 PM']Maybe I`m not understanding your situation correctly but as far as I know and according to Eden`s manual the WT 500/600/800 heads only go down to 4 ohms per side.Hopefully I`d like to think this will help,and not complicate things for you ( sticking my oar in!)

regards[/quote]

What I fink chenzo's situation is that he has 2 x 4ohm cabs, and with the wt-800a, you can run it in either 8ohm mono bridged, or 4 ohm a side dual mono, which would accommodate his cabs.

Chenzo, you will have a PM shortly :)

[quote name='tremblap' post='926806' date='Aug 16 2010, 07:30 PM']Are you certain you want to trade the magic sounding wt400 for the blend 800 of 550? I have experienced them all and only the 400 sounds that good (3 instances of it!) which might sound like voodoo s*** but it is actually true!

strange!

p[/quote]
Is this really true? The 400 sounds better than the 800? I'm looking at each at the mo. Thats interesting...

[quote name='overwater#1' post='927091' date='Aug 17 2010, 12:08 AM']Is this really true? The 400 sounds better than the 800? I'm looking at each at the mo. Thats interesting...[/quote]

not even subtle! I was under the impression but in different venues, until I was lucky enough to do the AB on the same stage... there is a strange magic dynamic warmth in the 400 that no other Eden has done to me yet!

There is a slight difference between the 2 I now own, the older one is a little funkier/to my taste... it might be a tube thing, so when I get a chance (in 2015?) I might swap the tubes to see... one amp is in London at the moment and the other one is in the North with me, so the AB is a little difficult ;-)

pa

Ahh, very interesting! Thanks!

Well, I have the options of a 400, 550, or an 800 at the moment. Tempted to go for the 550 however, as I have two 4ohm cabs to run. That's the main thing, and also at 4ohm load, the output is a good match for my standalone Accugroove.

Perhaps I should try different tubes in whichever I get, and see which works best. I've never really tried in previous valve pre's I've had.

Thanks again! Matt :)

[quote name='chenzo_1' post='926628' date='Aug 16 2010, 04:18 PM']same as title after a wt500 or wt800 to swap with my wt400 + cash as i want to add another cab to my rig and my wt400 doesn't go down to 2 ohms[/quote]

Why not add a power amp? This will give you more flexibility - All amps speakers at large gigs, 400 & 1 cab at small!

B

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' post='929550' date='Aug 19 2010, 11:11 AM']Why not add a power amp? This will give you more flexibility - All amps speakers at large gigs, 400 & 1 cab at small!

B[/quote]I agree with this,just add a power amp and use the 400 as the preamp,the 400 is far better in tone then the 550 and 800,but just don't take my word for it,ask guys who have owned them and compared the amps,that's why people lust after the 400,good luck.