Why become a member? ×

LMK Users

Pete Academy

I recently sent my LMK head back to Markbass for a service. Since then, on the last two gigs, I've noticed the blue clip light coming on all the time. I've set my active controls on the bass virtually flat, use a single channel on the amp, everything on 12 o'clock, input volume at 2, master volume on halfway.

Anyone noticed this clipping on their amps?

I don't have my input stage above 12 o'clock for either my Ps or Rays. It is OK to reduce the input and compensate with the master, but it should be remembered that this is a gain stage into the EQ section where increases in volume can also be made by an overall increase in all the parameters. There is also apparently an interactive relationship between gain and EQ which shapes the tone before the output stage. This varies wildly between amp types/manufacturers and I have found the LMII to be fairly "uncoloured" in this respect.

As for a change in clip level after repair I didn't notice any difference after my LMII was repaired.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='926995' date='Aug 16 2010, 10:12 PM']hey

when using an active bass ive never had the input volume past past 12 o clock without the clip light lighting up

Passive basses will obviously be different and allow for more input gain

is it ok when you bring it down a bit and push the master volume up to compensate?[/quote]

I'm pretty certain the clip light wasn't doing that before it was serviced. I sent it off because our sound guy kept saying the DI was noisy. MB said they couldn't find anything wrong.

I'll give them another call.

Cheers for the advice, fellas. :)