Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Precision Special 1981

tombboy

My new band do a lot of songs that require a 5 string bass so I need one pretty sharpish...

Up for trade is my 1981 Fender Precision Special finished in Metallic Candy Apple Red (almost burgundy). Lots of natural mojo in this. Beedster was the previous owner and replaced the pup with an active Basslines one and put on a black scratchplate. Plays beautifully, with a huge P sound. Gold hardware.... I also have the original pup cover and brass thumbrest, which I will include. Comes with a Fender gigbag.

Saleprice is £800.00 + courier.

Trade wise, I'm looking for a 'traditional' looking 5 string, ie: Precision, Jazz, 'Ray etc. Nothing pointy or hair metal please as I have none!!

Please PM me with what you have. Based in Brandon, Suffolk.

Edited by tombboy

Yep.... nitrose finish with some lovely crackling coming through as well.
The specials were a run that Fender did between '79 and '82 which featured all gold hardware, high class nitrose finish and an active pre-amp. The bass also featured an upgraded bridge with is much more substantial that the traditional Fender bridge.

[quote name='lozbass' post='927325' date='Aug 17 2010, 10:50 AM']Great basses - does this still have it's original pickguard (and circuit)?[/quote]
It did when Beedster owned it. However, I bought it off him in this condition (plus the thumbrest and pup cover). Maybe a PM to Chris?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...