Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT810E

Dan_Nailed

I'm thinking about trading off my Ampeg 8x10, I've been considering moving to a ported cab for a change in tone but I'm skint so am more than willing to swap for other Ampeg gear...

Stuff I'd consider would be:
6x10 HLF
2 4x10 HLF's
1 4x10 HLF & 1 2x10 HE
Or two 410HE cabs and I'll biamp one for lows.

15's don't interest me, had them before and I like the punch of 10"s. If we make a trade I'll drive to you(I live in Manchester) with the cab and we can swap, I'll bring my head of course and try your cabs out. My 810 comes with a cab cover that has my band logo on it that can be removed with some turpentine so you can have that as I won't need it.

I'll also consider trading for SWR or Mesa cabs in the same configurations. Hopefully we can work something out!

Dan
[email protected]

Man if you're looking to trade your fridge for a better sounding cab in this category there's only one - berg NV610. Just don't rush into anything, you might be sorry after a while. Well, bump for an awsome cab anyway!

Edited by galore

[quote name='galore' post='108786' date='Dec 24 2007, 07:40 AM']Man if you're looking to trade your fridge for a better sounding cab in this category there's only one - berg NV610. Just don't rush into anything, you might be sorry after a while. Well, bump for an awsome cab anyway![/quote]

I've looked at the Berg and it's not for me, a.) It's not ported and b.) It's not Ampeg, SWR or Mesa haha!

[quote name='andy67' post='108746' date='Dec 23 2007, 11:44 PM']so about £500 then?

thomman have them for £749 new, ebay last 8x10 sold for £480 and the 610 for £560..

hope thats a correct guess?

andy[/quote]

If you say so, but this all relies on there being one on there. They're fairly rare I guess on Ebay?

Edited by Dan_Nailed

I've been watching 8x10 for ages on ebay - they come up frequently, ranging between £400 and £500.

A1 condition £500

cant make my mind up if I want one, I already have two b410hlf but the issue is my amp it wont deliver 2 ohms..

[quote name='andy67' post='109246' date='Dec 25 2007, 01:23 PM']I've been watching 8x10 for ages on ebay - they come up frequently, ranging between £400 and £500.

A1 condition £500

cant make my mind up if I want one, I already have two b410hlf but the issue is my amp it wont deliver 2 ohms..[/quote]

The 8x10 is a 4 ohm cab so it should be fine?

And I emant 6x10's are rareon Ebay? I can't get rid of my cab and then wait around for a 6x10 to turn up, I've got rehearsal 3 times a week and gigs

Edited by Dan_Nailed

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='andy67' post='113591' date='Jan 4 2008, 03:55 PM']is this still available?

have a spare - brand new condition b410hlf, bought in August and never used - cab that we could maybe discuss a trade and cash for the 810??[/quote]

Sorry chief, I've tried a B series 4x10 cab before on gigs where I didn't use my cab and I didn't get on with it at all, I like headroom hence - 1200W QSC amp - and the B series crapped out on me in the power stakes. Really appreciate the offer though!