Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB424 (new 2010 model)

OutToPlayJazz

[i][b]New price - £300!!!
[/b][/i]

Here we have a lovely, brand new Yamaha BB424 in vintage sunburst with 5-piece neck, hugely powerful passive P & J pickups (three-way switchable) & through-body 45 degree mitre stringing. Just freshly setup with Elixir 40-95 strings. Stunning bass!

The BB424 is a new 2010 model in the BB series & is essentially a cheaper, bolt-on version of the BB2024X/Super BB. Sound-wise, it's not as boomy as the BB714BS & has a much stronger and richer tone than the active BB614/5 series.

Priced at a very reasonable £375. Feel free to hit me with trade offers. Worst I can say is no :)

Rich - 07545 471037 [email protected]

[u][/u]

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='923412' date='Aug 13 2010, 12:59 AM']Your 50's classic will have the extra wide nut at 45mm for a guess. This is only 2mm more than the average Jazz. Were you thinking of a trade?[/quote]

Perhaps - i played an Ibanez ATK today however and i'm a little bit in love. The neck is slightly thinner on that, more precisiony as we would think of it. I think i'm going to go for one but best of luck with the sale and thanks for the info OTPJ :)

I'm staggered in the lack of interest at this price! These are bloody brilliant basses and better than the BB414 predecessor, one of which went for over £300 used on evilBay last week. The pickups on these are great and it's a decent bit of alder under that sunburst finish. I'll stick my head above the parapet and say they are the same sort of quality as Japanese Fenders. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...