Why become a member? ×

New Year's Bass Resolutions 2008

s_u_y_*

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='102336' date='Dec 10 2007, 07:18 PM']get a semi-acoustic bass so I can go un-plugged with the folksey set...

de-fret one of my basses

get an amp which sits in between my 10 watt and my 160 watt ones... Currently thinking of a Laney RB2, 30 Watts 10" speaker and only 11.25 Kg[/quote]

pass, fail, fail...

[quote]Start/finish my Project Jazz - I've had all the parts for over a year. :)[/quote]
Errr....

[quote]De-fret my Peavey 5 - I don't play it, don't want to sell it so making it a lined (& therefore playable by me) fretless should help justify its existence.[/quote]
Errr.... x2

[quote]Build headless twin-neck fretted 4/fretless 5 prog nightmare bass.[/quote]
Oh, come [i]on[/i]...

[quote]Set up workshop in basement in order to do all of the above.[/quote]
Did this bit. But none of the above.

[quote]Flog my owned-since-new (1992) , as-new, never-gigged & never-going-to-be-gigged-by-me Ibanez SR800 fretless (unlined!) - it deserves better![/quote]
Did this - it's now owned by the lovely Mr David Nimrod of this parish.

[quote]Set up recording studio/permanent rehearsal space in other half of basement.[/quote]
Objective achieved, Captain.

[quote]Demo two songs which are written but not recorded - one of which is already over 2 years old.[/quote]
Sort of - neither of the songs ended up as they were started, but there's no longer a backlog of unfinished material.

[quote]Record two albums with band - the "back catalogue" material & the as-yet only half-written Concept Album. And try & find a label gullible enough to release them.[/quote]
Partly - recording the old stuff got postponed after the new material took precedence. There are still a few little bits & pieces finish up, but [i]The Fifth Sun[/i] (which is indeed a concept piece) is pretty much finished, including artwork. Whee. :huh:

[quote]Start to collate mass of useless info about JapCrap basses & guitars for future website (Rickenbugger.com :o) or book which no-one will ever, ever publish.[/quote]
GTFO. :huh:

[quote]Play more gigs outside the UK.[/quote]
A few [u]inside[/u] the UK would have been nice. :huh: However for 2009 we have a festival date in Slovakia provisionally booked & will hopefully be playing a short tour around that date, both there & in the Czech Republic.

So not bad, on balance - I think this year I might try & finish off last year's (with the possible exception of the twin neck - but you never know) and probably just buy more JapCrap... :huh:

J.