Why become a member? ×

Iceni 4 string fretless with spare fretted neck

sshorepunk

Ain't it odd how somethings work out!

Bought this off Bass chat member last week, as I felt like my fretless jazz was missing something (i had previousley own a pedulla, so the benchmark was high lol) around the same time I also moved to an all valve rig, which brought out a lot more from my Jazz, and made me a lot happier with it.

Now I find myself in an odd personal situation, as the BC member who rang my house last week found out ("he doesn't live here anymore" said my ex mrs!) and could do with some cash back in the pot (I need to escape for a while!!)

I will dig out the link to the old pics and include more detail this evening

I have spent the last week playing both this and my Jazz
It is a little heavier than my jazz, but has a lot fuller sound especially around the bottom end, with the bridge pick up on full with bass on full and treble backed of, it goes kind of jaco style, but a lot fuller, sounds really great and doesn't have a dead spot like my jazz!
The bass balances well and the neck is nice and thin, like a jazz. I would love to be able to keep it, but I am going to stay with my jazz and probably try to improve it further by changing out the stock p/ups and pre.

The bass is in mint condition, aero p/ups, baddass II bridge, 18v EMG pre, ebony lined fretboard with great skunk stripe on back of neck. Cherry burst finish and comes with a hard case
There is also a fretted neck, can be swapped on this bass, or another option is to get a body made!

I'm going to leave this up for a limited time, after that, I know some other stuff is going to happen for me, so may not need to sell

Price is £600, collection from Manchester

Some old images with fretted neck, more current images with fretless necl to follow

[attachment=55696:iceni2.jpg]

[attachment=55697:iceni1.jpg]

[attachment=55698:iceni3.jpg]

[attachment=55699:iceni4.jpg]

[attachment=55700:iceni5.jpg]

Good afternoon Martin, how's things!

Ok, here's a deal! Take it as either fretted or fretless and leave me with the spare neck for £550!
I'll collect some hardware and get a body made for the remaing neck!!!

Tony

I thought the fretted was 40mm and thie fretless was slightly narrower? It isnt with me now so can't check

at 40mm its 2mm wider than a Jazz, but it has a very narrow, slim profile, feels slimmer than a jazz as a result. I like narrow nuts and I like this, it feels right

There is an offer pending on this, just waiting for the person to get back to me to confirm, so still on the market

Tony