Why become a member? ×

alembic mark king standard no;00mj12483

tubbybloke68

hi folks,since getting my stanley clarke deluxe i've found im not using this bass much these days.its a lovely guitar but i find the 34" neck just too much of a reach for me and after a 2 hour gig it just kills my neck and shoulders.ive had this bass for about 6 years now.it is a quilted maple front wood but not back wood.there is a small hair line crack on the topside of the neck between the nut and the first fret.the previous owner told me he had had it checked out and that his luither had confirmed that a proffessional repair had been done at some stage.i have no reason to disbelieve him as in 6 years of owning this bass the intonation/playabillity of the neck is in my veiw fine.just wanted to be up front and honest about things from the start.other than that the condition is very very good.one small ding to the front ,one to the back and thats about it really.obviously the hair line crack is gonna affect the asking price so im putting this up for £1750 quid .you wont find one of these cheaper than that.i havent posted any pictures of it because i strongly reccomend coming to veiw and play it if you are interested.i havent put this bass on ebay yet,but may do soon.im based in horsham ,west sussex.i do mostly night work so daytime viewing would be easier for me.regards jeff.07747690241

hi there,yeah i will try to get some pics up soon if i can.its a year 2000 model so it has the slightly longer top horn(hence the serial no starting 00.i forgot to say that the crack is in my opinion is only a surface blemish.i certainly dont think it goes deep into the wood so to speak.best regards,jeff

[quote name='tubbybloke68' post='912548' date='Aug 2 2010, 10:02 AM']hi there,yeah i will try to get some pics up soon if i can.its a year 2000 model so it has the slightly longer top horn(hence the serial no starting 00.i forgot to say that the crack is in my opinion is only a surface blemish.i certainly dont think it goes deep into the wood so to speak.best regards,jeff[/quote]

Makes sense - I'd forgotten there were three different body shapes for these!

I've vaguely had my eyes open for one of the much longer top horn ones, I think Alembic call them 'balanced'.

[quote name='molan' post='912817' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:15 PM']I think Alembic call them 'balanced'.[/quote]
Sometimes see it as 'Balanced K' - much easier to handle than some of Alembic's more symmetrical shapes

Photographs would be great if possible!

im having trouble getting some pics up here(im not very good on computers!) but will do asap.ive decided to take the bass to the american guitar centre(uk alembic dealer) in tonbridge,kent tomorrow for a set up/once over so everything should then be tip top ,so to speak.sorry about the lack of pics guys!bear with me if you will,cheers jeff