Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS: PRS (Paul Reed Smith) Electric Bass 2002

Webby308

Hello fellow basschatters,

For Sale, 2002 PRS Electric Bass, in McCarty Sunburst with maple neck. Recently had a full pro-setup at Joe White's guitar studio in Ash (who I recommend to anyone who needs a proper setup for their bass or guitar).

As you can see from the pictures, this bass is in excellent condition with no dings or scratches apart from one or two tiny inperfections as you would expect from an 8 year old guitar. Comes with Schaller strap locks, original PRS hard case with the PRS words and cloth etc.

Active pickups with 2 volumes and 1 tone control for bass tones for all occasions! 18v circuitry and battery compartment accessed from back panel.

I'm looking for £1100 and am happy to meet 1/2 way around the SE of England anyway to save on postage/courier costs, though obviously further than that will need courier type service.

Any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers, Paul.

I'm not after any trades (apparently I have enough basses!)

UPDATE: Now looking for £1000ish - and I'll whisper it quietly - maybe a trade for a nice Stingray with 4 strings and a maple neck! :)

Edited by Webby308

Seeing as I've not been overwhelmed with interest - and seeing as I've guessed the value a bit high - £100 off!

Hope someone out there can offer this great bass a home - at the moment my Fenders get all the work.

[quote name='Webby308' post='911370' date='Jul 31 2010, 05:20 PM'](apparently I have enough basses!) :)[/quote]

And you BELIEVE her? :lol:

I only I had a £1 for every time I've heard that :lol: .

Good luck with the sale, nice looking Bass.

Oggy :rolleyes:

Evening all,

I'm probably asking for trouble here, but either PRS basses are not regarded with much joy or my estimation on the value of these is well out, hence not being swamped by interest...

So being the most knowledgable bunch of people in the land of basses - um what sort of price should I hope for?

From what I found out about this one, the guy I bought it off paid £2,300 in 2002 for it and it's in excellent condition now.

Any help greatly appeciated as I'd rather like to turn it into money...

Thanks,

Paul.

I never understood why these basses were not more popular, J p/up setup, P width neck, 'Ray shaped body and all beautifully put together as all PRSs are. Can't help you on the what to ask for stakes I'm afraid, but PRSs are always quite rich for a lot of people's blood. A lovely looking instrument there, wish I had the spare ackers.

I know that an expert will be along soon :lol: :) but...

I think there are PRS basses and there are PRS basses! IIRC the early 3 pup models are well thought of and command decent premiums whereas the later 'reissue' models less so. Saying that there is always a price at which a bass will find a new home and patently £1k+ wasn't that value. If you 'need' to sell it then gradually reducing it £50-£100 will eventually trigger a buying frenzy. :rolleyes: