Why become a member? ×

GT6B...

ShaunB

I had a GT6-B for about 2.5 years... sold it to the man above (Ste_m3) about 3 days ago. Kinda regretting it, but at the same time I just had no use for all the features.

The GT6-B is a damn good pedal... there's more to it than you initially think - it literally allows you to chain anything to anything, in any order, save it, recall it, assign even SINGLE parameters to each pedal / the expression pedal etc... even save different settings for different songs. If you have the time and the patience to set it up, it can do almost anything for you.

You can even record a bass loop, have it play back then maybe play something over it in a higher octave / with a different effect... brilliant! :)

The only reason I sold it is I just don't use it to it's full potential + the effects aren't as good as the very few single pedals I'd need.

If anyone needs any specific help on it, ask away / PM me - I'll try my best :huh: It did take me a while to master the thing... and it's very easy to completely break a patch without thinking about it!

[quote name='ShaunB' post='10932' date='Jun 2 2007, 10:05 AM']Hi OG,

...thanks for the pdf - I'll take a gander. From my readings (at least 10 times through the manual now - very un-manly!) I think I need to create my own patches which are simply just Chorus, or Phaser etc. But then if you want the auto-wah you have to click the pre-set patch pedals and hunt up and down - it really must be easier...

Self-help group? Count me in! (is there tea and biscuits?)

...it all started when the guitarists said, "so, who's gonna play bass?" doctor...

:)

Let me know when you get the box... it is a sturdy, but rather expensive tuner...[/quote]

What I've done is change its mode so that within the patch, I can have each of the pedals assigned to a certain effect toggle ie.:

Compressor - Distortion - Chorus - Bypass // WAH

say I want (for a different song for example) the same kind of setup but with a diferent distortion and phaser instead of chorus.

I copy the existing patch over to the next (overwriting the existing crappy user patch) and edit each pedal setting as I want it.
resave over the same (new) patch again.

Over all, there's a few things to mind...

The preamp/sim section to me is for small adjustments only if you go to a basshead from there... it can easily sound crappy when boosted.

Usually I dont even use anything from the preamp/sim section. just the fx, and I EQ at my AMP.

there's also a trick on the manual to setting it to true-bypass, though I dont know exactly how "true" that is, never tried it.

Also, the master pot on the back shouldnt go over the white mark... abuse it and get a nasty buzz sound.
which you can control with the Noisegate.

something important too is the sequence of pedals/FX that can be edited through the MAster settings button (IIRC).

Found this useful list somewhere

GT6B Models etc

Flip top-models the ampeg B-15
B man models fender bassman 100
Bass 360 models acoustic 360
T.E. models trace elliot ah600smx.
Session models SWR SM-400
Concert 810 models ampeg SVT
As for speakers
1x15 Trace Elliot 1518
1x18 SWR Big Ben.
2x15 acoustic 402
4x10 SWR Goliath.
8x10 ampeg 810E
Original for built-in speaker for amp selected in type.
-----------------------------------------
Effects

Individual effects:

Comp/Lim
OD/Dist
Chorus
Rev/Delay
Preamp
3 Band ParaEQ
Speaker Sim
Wah

Combined FX1:
Octave
Enhancer (fantastic){original author's opinion]
Slow Gear
Defretter
Ring Mod

Combined FX 2:
Phaser
Flanger
Harmonist
Pitch Shifter
Pedal Bend
2x2 Chorus (Chorus with a crossover, very cool)
Auto Slap (stupid)
Short Delay
Vibrato
Humanizer
Tremelo/Pan
Bass Synth.