Why become a member? ×

What is the best practice amp?

mashup

I am in the market for a small practice amp for home playing without disturbing anyone. I already have a Fender Bassman 150 for gigging with but i need something small to practice with at home. I've been offered a 2nd hand Marshall MB15 for £35, and a 2nd hand Fender Rumble 15 for £50. Are either of these any good? If so which one is best? Are there any other compact low wattage practice amps that i should consider?

Please point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mat

Fender rumble is great for a practice amp. Good fat sound and can take a low B at reasonable volume. For a combo range, the Rumbles are great for the money.

If you can find a 2nd hand one, The Peavy MicroBass is brill, and if you want to spend a few quid the EBS Session 60 is my pick of the lot!

Shep

[quote name='Phil Starr' post='906519' date='Jul 26 2010, 11:58 PM']Love my Peavey micro bass. look for one secondhand.[/quote]
I`ve got the Marshall MB15 and am really pleased with it. That said, when I used a larger Fender Rumble I was very impressed with the depth of sound. As you`ve already got a Fender, the Rumble may be better, keeping it all in house, so to speak. Or, you could think "they`re both reasonably priced, I`ll buy both, then sell whichever I don`t like as much".

Cheers for the feedback people. Im looking to not really spend too much, so i will probably look out for a 2nd hand peavey micro bass, seeing as these are getting rave reviews. I agree about the rumble's. I used to have a Rumble 60 before i got my Bassman, and they are good sounding amps. Not too sure how the 15 would hold up though