Why become a member? ×

Audere jazz bass preamp - JZ3 VB 3B

[quote name='BB2000' post='910376' date='Jul 30 2010, 03:54 PM']Oh, sod ebay.

£95 plus delivery.

Is the audere out of fashion this month - have I been guilty of the bassist's equivalent of wearing flared jeans and an afro hairdo by using one?[/quote]

Not at all John, the Audere is a great pre-amp, certainly better than a most Jazz pre-amps and almost as good at the J-Retro. If it has an advantage over the J-Retro it's the preset switches which allow you to switch from, for example, a quite funky jazzy tone to a classic 60's thump with one click. It really suits players in function/covers/tribute bands who might need to move between different bass sounds in a very short time with no messing about or guesswork.

Should add that John's a 100% top guy to deal with folks so you can buy this with confidence

Chris

[quote name='Higgie' post='911608' date='Aug 1 2010, 01:24 AM']For what it's worth I actually prefer the Audere to the J-Retro, having owned 2 DJ5's with each of them in. Awesome pre![/quote]

Same here. My J-Retro lasted less than a week in my Jazz before I sold it. I thought the Audere would probably go the same way, but I've been very pleased with it (selling it now since I sold my jazz bass the other week). Having said that, I can't quite put my finger on why I didn't like J-Retro, other than it was an audio issue other than an operational one.