Why become a member? ×

Status Groove bass for sale. NOW SOLD, thanks for your interest!

jimbobothy

Hello,

I'm selling my Status Groove bass 5 string as I've recently bought another 5 string bass and can only play one at once!!

It's definitley been used and has a few marks here and there on it, it's not a minter but it would make a very good gigging bass! It does play very very easily and it is nice and light for a 5 string with very good balance. Those of you who are familiar with Status know that their necks are some of the thinnest and easiest to play, no exception here folks! The sound is even across the strings and the B has some power to it. The bass is active/passive with the active having bass/treble boost/cut. When in passive mode there is only volume, however it is true passive.

I'm going to ask for £300 ono, with that you'll also get a used (read a bit battered) Hiscox hard case (there is no branding on it, just nice and plain).

You'd be more than welcome to come and try it out (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire), I'd be willing to post but only at the organisation and expense of the buyer.

Tell me your thoughts please,

James.

[attachment=54823:Status_G...Bass_014.JPG] [attachment=54818:Status_G...Bass_008.JPG] [attachment=54819:Status_G...Bass_009.JPG][attachment=54820:Status_G...Bass_011.JPG] [attachment=54821:Status_G...Bass_012.JPG] [attachment=54822:Status_G...Bass_013.JPG][attachment=54816:Status_G...Bass_005.JPG] [attachment=54817:Status_G...Bass_007.JPG] [attachment=54815:Status_G...Bass_004.JPG][attachment=54814:Status_G...Bass_003.JPG]

Edited by jimbobothy

Yeah, it's got a fairly powerful B string, the harmonics ring nice and clearly, the upper register is very clear and you can get a nice 'burpy' sound from it when you play over the pickup. It hasn't got an overly powerful midrange (compared to a Warwick for example) but is does sound good and plays really easily!!