Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-Max Bass Amp. Now sold

fuzzylogic

Hiya fellow Bass Chatters,

I have finally decided to let go of this amp because i just don't need it. The amp has been looked after and is in excellent condition; No knobs or E.Q. sliders missing and in full working order and always stored indoors.The amp itself is in a rackcase which is included in the sale. Also included in the sale is a footswitch ( selection of pre-amp, E.Q. effects on/off ).

The amp is rated at 500 watts 2ohms, 350 watts 4ohms, 200 watts. I have gigged it with various cabs and can say it has been very reliable whether it be a small one cab gig or large venues with two cabs. Peavey isn't normally a name people associate with good quality gear, but i can say for this price you will be getting excellent value for money ( cost £600 new ). The amp has several features so rather than blab on about it i will include attachments from the peavey T-Max booklet that is included., however for a brief overview; Tube or solid state pre-amp ( either one can be selected or they can be blended ) high/low shelving, 7 band graphic E.Q. DDT compression. The amp can produce either clean soid state sounds or tube-driven sounds of varying degrees because of its tube pre-amp. The potential of this amp will be realised once it has been gigged and sound /function wise the nearest comparison i can make is with a Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4 x 10 combo i have. Any trial is welcome.I live 5 minutes from J10 of the M6, West Midlands.

Daz

Edited by fuzzylogic

[quote name='fuzzylogic' post='901863' date='Jul 22 2010, 01:34 PM']Hiya fellow Bass Chatters,

I have finally decided to let go of this amp because i just don't need it. The amp has been looked after and is in excellent condition; No knobs or E.Q. sliders missing and in full working order and always stored indoors.The amp itself is in a rackcase which is included in the sale. Also included in the sale is a footswitch ( selection of pre-amp, E.Q. effects on/off ).

The amp is rated at 500 watts 2ohms, 350 watts 4ohms, 200 watts. I have gigged it with various cabs and can say it has been very reliable whether it be a small one cab gig or large venues with two cabs. Peavey isn't normally a name people associate with good quality gear, but i can say for this price you will be getting excellent value for money ( cost £600 new ). The amp has several features so rather than blab on about it i will include attachments from the peavey T-Max booklet that is included., however for a brief overview; Tube or solid state pre-amp ( either one can be selected or they can be blended ) high/low shelving, 7 band graphic E.Q. DDT compression. The amp can produce either clean soid state sounds or tube-driven sounds of varying degrees because of its tube pre-amp. The potential of this amp will be realised once it has been gigged and sound /function wise the nearest comparison i can make is with a Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4 x 10 combo i have. Any trial is welcome.I live 5 minutes from J10 of the M6, West Midlands.

Daz[/quote]

I gig one of these regularly and it is stunning. Read the Harmony central reviews. I have had mine about 12 months and used it a lot with a single 8 ohm cab about 150 watts

or two 4 ohm cabs giving the full 500 watts

great sounds built like a tank. I have just sold a phil Jones 300 watt rig and a load of Trace elliot stuff as I use this nearly all the time. All my band mates agree this is the best sounding amp I have ever had and I have had loads.

best of luck with the sale someone will get a bargain especially if you are including the rack.

skez

[quote name='Skezza' post='901965' date='Jul 22 2010, 02:44 PM']I gig one of these regularly and it is stunning. Read the Harmony central reviews. I have had mine about 12 months and used it a lot with a single 8 ohm cab about 150 watts

or two 4 ohm cabs giving the full 500 watts

great sounds built like a tank. I have just sold a phil Jones 300 watt rig and a load of Trace elliot stuff as I use this nearly all the time. All my band mates agree this is the best sounding amp I have ever had and I have had loads.

best of luck with the sale someone will get a bargain especially if you are including the rack.

skez[/quote]

Oh and if you dont sell I would buy the footswitch as I have never had one with mine

skez

[quote name='kets' post='902582' date='Jul 22 2010, 11:49 PM']Not sure what you mean by "Peavey isn't a name people normally associate with good quality gear"? IMO the opposite is true...[/quote]

Of course they do great gear, but they do have sell their products well below other manufacturers products and they aim there products people who want value for money. The usual bling is missing as is usually the case with other companies, and that is what i meant figuratively. the sentence wasn't meant to be a complete statement, " ..................." ; an inverse epithet of some sort, certainly not. I just want to try and make the advert appeal to people looking for the usual pedigree/big name amps that are usually on the bass amp shopping list. As we know, reputation isn't always a guarantee.

[quote name='kets' post='902582' date='Jul 22 2010, 11:49 PM']Not sure what you mean by "Peavey isn't a name people normally associate with good quality gear"? IMO the opposite is true...[/quote]

Of course they do great gear, but they do have sell their products well below other manufacturers products and they aim there products people who want value for money. The usual bling is missing as is usually the case with other companies, and that is what i meant figuratively. the sentence wasn't meant to be a complete statement, " ..................." ; an inverse epithet of some sort, certainly not. I just want to try and make the advert appeal to people looking for the usual pedigree/big name amps that are usually on the bass amp shopping list. As we know, reputation isn't always a guarantee.

[quote name='Skezza' post='902005' date='Jul 22 2010, 03:14 PM']Oh and if you dont sell I would buy the footswitch as I have never had one with mine

skez[/quote]
o.k. thanks for that offer. I will let you know if i haven't sold it.

Daz

[quote name='fuzzylogic' post='903031' date='Jul 23 2010, 11:57 AM']Of course they do great gear, but they do have sell their products well below other manufacturers products and they aim there products people who want value for money. The usual bling is missing as is usually the case with other companies, and that is what i meant figuratively. the sentence wasn't meant to be a complete statement, " ..................." ; an inverse epithet of some sort, certainly not. I just want to try and make the advert appeal to people looking for the usual pedigree/big name amps that are usually on the bass amp shopping list. As we know, reputation isn't always a guarantee.[/quote]

Fair enough!