Why become a member? ×

Fretless Ibanez Gary Willis GWB35 - as new £370 *SOLD*

Damo200

[attachment=55340:GWB35a.JPG] [attachment=55341:GWB35b.JPG][attachment=55342:GWB35c.JPG]

I bought this lovely bass from The Gallery around two months ago for £530.

Its a rather convoluted reason for sale. Abridged version is that I am a double player and have had trouble with the fretlines. I have now been kindly loaned an unlined Stingray.

The bass is immaculate and still has the sticker over the pickup. Its never been out the house. The action is on the slightly higher side - personal preference because I'm used to double bass, but it still has a great growl. I know for a fact that these basses are getting scarcer and scarcer. Lead time on a new one is currently around four months. If you want to hear one in action, theres some great stuff on youtube.

It might also be worth mentioning (something I intended to do), that by sticking a Bartolini BC bridge pickup and NTBT preamp in it, you effectively turn this into an absolute powerhouse, pretty much equal to the GWB1005 which costs in the region of £2,500! This will cost you around £200 + labour but has been achieved many times as various talkbass threads will testify!

I've dropped from £400 to £370 final offer as this is essentially out of the box. I'm based in Shepherds Bush for collection or I'm happy to meet anywhere in or near the London area.

[b]KEN SMITH TRADE OPTION :[/b]

If anyone wants to part with their Ken Smith (any condition or model but must be fretted and 5 string), then I would trade this and my Bacchus Impression hand-made 5 string. This bass is also in mint condition and is a serious pro quality super jazz. See pictures below. I will be happy to give you further specs. Here is a link to a review about this bass (although mine is only three years old) :
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Bacchus/Impression/50/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...Impression/50/1[/url]

[attachment=57013:post_681...35_thumb.jpg][attachment=57014:post_681...55_thumb.jpg] [attachment=57015:post_681...67_thumb.jpg]

Edited by Damo200

• 2 weeks later...