Why become a member? ×

FS/FT LTD F 405-FM

Hi there, so here we have it, my prized 5 string beauty - My LTD F 405-FM!

Reason for selling/trading? Simple...It's just not what I'm looking for anymore. I'm getting into more traditional sounding/looking basses, and this certainly doesn't fall into that field...It's a wonderful bass, plays brilliantly!

It's recently had a set/check-up at the Gallery. A couple of things were changed, I had a battery box installed, having to take out screws to change the battery was a bit of a nuisance! Also, two screws had fallen out (One in the treble side of the neck p'up, the other was one of the screws holding the jack plate in) as the thread in the wood had gone, so they simply glued them back in. There's a minor scuff at the tip of the headstock from, well, something...honestly don't recall how it got there at all, but it's tiny, had trouble trying to photograph it, but try I did! There's also a couple of minor scratches on the front and the back (no buckle rash, just the odd scratch here an there, no finish has been removed) plus one little 'swirl' near the neck p'up.
I've tried my best to photograph everything in detail, but my skills with a camera aren't really up to par I'm afraid. Trust me on this though, the inlay looks far superior in the flesh than it does on these pictures, it's what made me buy the bass in the first place! I fell in love with the sound afterwards (Pretty daft really, always try before you buy! I didn't think of that back then though)

Here's the technical side of it all (Second one down of course): [url="http://www.espguitars.com/esp2007/basses_f.html"]http://www.espguitars.com/esp2007/basses_f.html[/url]

I'm mainly looking for a trade for a markbass amp head, they've all sounded great to my ears so I'm not fussed which model! A nice semi-hollow bass could easily sway me though :)
I'm not to sure what it's worth, as they're discontinued now...I've had trouble trying to find what they used to cost new, I know I payed around £750-£800 for it brand new, without a hardcase (Again, pretty stupid of me I know, I should've gotten one thrown in, I was even younger then, I didn't know what I was doing)..So i'm asking for £400 or so, but give me some offers an we'll see.

So anyway, here's the pics! Again, sorry for the bad quality, and sorry that I'm not very good at taking pictures!
[url="http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Bogrollthe2nd/LTD%20F405FM/"]http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/B...d/LTD%20F405FM/[/url]
hope that works! If it doesn't please let me know.

As you can see, it's currently strung with flatwounds, they're rather old, I think early jan 2010. I've only got the one hardcase which does just about fit this in, I really don't want to post it. I'm based in North London, Islington area. I'm sure I can be persuaded to post though, it'll be my first time posting something so large though. I'll do my best ot make sure it's safe and protected though!
I might put this up on Gumtree as well, so if it sells there then I'll take it down here, but priorities go to the basschatters!

Thanks for looking!
Jack.

P.S Feel free to ask me anything, I'll try my best to answer any/all questions as best I can!

Price dropped to 400

Edited by SignsOfDelirium_bassist

Hmm, tempting, but I think I'm more looking for something with 2 pickups, I like the variaton you can get with them, that's why I've never got on with most EBs I've tried, only one pickup...Also I've recently come to the realisation that I much prefer passive basses to active >.> Kinda annoying consider all my basses (Except the VMJ that's in the shop) are active, but oh well.

So yea, thanks but no thanks :) At least I know someone was interested now :rolleyes:

Jack.

haha thanks! Yea, I sorta figured that it'd be a pain trying to sell this thing...I'm contemplating maybe just taking the frets out an re-doing the whole instrument...make it passive v/v/t/t etc...I'd have to epoxy the fingerboard though, with the inlay the way it is I doubt it'd make a very good fretless without either a new board or a coating :) Still with the wood it's made of, I reckon it'd have a nice fretless sound...For the moment it's still up for sale though!
Shame no one wants it, such a lovely bass going to waste just hanging on my wall, but oh well, it'll find it's home eventually!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Long-time-since-the-last Bump!

Price dropped to £400, I really want to get this moved on to someone who'll play it. I'm in a band now which this really wouldn't suit! I doubt there's much chance of me getting into a metal band either.
My choice of trades has changed, now i'm looking for a better amp! I really want a markbass head, if this sells you can bet that's what I'll spend the money on! drop me a PM if you're interested :)

Cheers
Jack.