Why become a member? ×

EBMM Stingray 30th Anniversary

tombboy

Don't really want to sell this but it's not getting much use these days.
Such a killer bass it deserves to be played and played well!!
Solid mahogany body with strings thru design. Single H model.
Lovely birdseye maple neck, rosewood board all finished in transparent crimson.
Comes with a plush black velevet lined oxblood case with very minor marks.
Only 783 of these made so if looked after it will only increase in value.
I can't find a single mark on this thing and only rated it 9.9/10 as it's not new.

Price set at £1,000.00

PM me for more pics/info.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Edited by tombboy

Is this the one you used to have in your old B/W avatar? If I remember correctly Tombboy used to rave about this, a fair price for anyone wanting to pick up one of these bad boys, they are the balls as good a musicman as has ever been made IMNSHO.

Edited by Mr Cougar

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='100012' date='Dec 6 2007, 09:44 AM']Is this the one you used to have in your old B/W avatar? If I remember correctly Tombboy used to rave about this, a fair price for anyone wanting to pick up one of these bad boys, they are the balls as good a musicman as has ever been made IMNSHO.[/quote]
Thanks Mr C. Rated by Big Poppa himself as 'The Best Stingray EVER made by EBMM'!!!!
Like I mentioned earlier... it is an absolute beast with tone to die for (I used this on all ALL of our most recent recordings) but because of it's finish and provenance I dare not take it outside into the 'real world'!!!

Really reluctant to sell... and if it doesn't, I'll still be the proud owner!

Edited by tombboy

I keep describing this bass in private messages to potential buyers and have come to the conclusion that I must be a bloody crazy fool to even want to part with it!! Who cares if it doesn't come out to play much.
This beauty is staying with me!!
Sorry to anyone considering buying this. Several recent pm's have made me see the light, so to speak.

Cheers guys!

Jamie

Edited by tombboy

Just clocked your T shirt, went to see Loop about 17 years ago supporting Blur at Liverpool Poly. Is it the same band and are they still going? I thought they were the best support I'd seen for a long time, seeing as Blur were still indie gimps! I believe World Domination Enterprises were also supporting, maybe some assosiation with Food Records?

We were always getting confused with the "80's/90's post holocaust sounding monotonous robotic lifeless" 'Loop' so we changed our name to 'The Loop'. Their fans were posting reviews on I-tunes stating pretty awful sh1t about us... personal like.... just because we happened to have the same name of a band that had been defunct for about 13 years on and off (definately off now). Incidentally, our drummer thought of the name while having a crap!.... Don't know why I just mentioned that!! :)
Nothing against 'electro-experimental mono-drone pop' but we are a million miles away from what they sound like. I think they forgot the meaning of 'melody'.... 'tune', even! :huh: Just my opinion.... in case someone goes all Jay-Kay on me!! :huh:

[quote name='steve-soar' post='107892' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:49 PM']Thought you were called Loop, as the T shirt didn't say, "The Loop"[/quote]
We were called 'Loop'.................. then!!!! And if they were ahead of their time then they never really played 'Catch Up' as Henry Kelly would say!!!! (cue everyone humming the 'Going For Gold' theme tune now!)
Old T-shirt! Call it nostalgia! :)
BTW, they did confess to using overdubs in studio and live.............. have another listen and draw your own conclusions.
Don't want to get into a debate about whether they (Loop) were musically adept or not...... just NOT my cup of tea.
I found them robotic and devoid of any real emotion... musically. (And I was aware of them at the time.... not sour grapes!)

Anyway.... Merry Christmas Steve!!
Wanna buy a bass?

Edited by tombboy