bennyblu

Hi

I have a:

boss dynamic wah AW3
Bass over drive odb3
behringher limiter ble100
behringher chorus bch100
boss bass eq pedal geb 7

and I want to mount them on a Boss BCB-60 pedal board.

What is the best order to link them in order to achieve the best signal chain?

Thanks

Conventional wisdom says Wah first before sound gets too corrupted, then limiter/comp. (Actually, Tuner should come before that)
Next is filth, that would be the ODB3, then modulation - chorus pedal, or phaser, flanger, etc.
then eq. Then any reverb/delay/echo.
The BCB-60 pedalboard has a neat little removable section so you can fit a wah in there furthest right - that's a clue to the best pedal chain order!
This is conventional wisdom, but you should not always follow the norm in search of novel tone, so don't be afraid to mix it up a bit.
experiment with position of the eq, chorus and overdrive, you may prefer a different config. depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Edited by Al Heeley

Definitely AW3 first - it needs the dynamics to work properly
If the overdrive is touch sensitive (ie it can be made to overdrive more if you dig in hard) then that should probably go next
EQ, chorus and limiter, just suck it and see - I'd put the limiter at the end myself, but YMMV

A

I would put the overdrive before the wah (filtered overdrive is a nice effect, overdriven filtered bass just sounds like overdriven bass), limiter before the overdrive, chorus would be at the end.

So sort-of the reverse of what everybody else is suggesting, then.

Best advice: Try a few combinations and use your ears to decide which works for you.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='896289' date='Jul 16 2010, 09:58 AM']If you have an overdrive which is sensitive to attack, then if you put a limiter in front of it, won't that also limit the ability of the overdrive to be dynamic? ie: that extra grit when you dig in harder for the Hives cover?[/quote]

Not if the limiter is set high enough. Also, when the overdrive is off, having the limiter first will prevent any other pedals from having their gain stages clipped. Although, obviously, it's all down to personal preference.