Why become a member? ×

Amp for Sale

Oldman

Now Then Now Then, I have an historic piece of Bass Amp Electrickery for sale due to a change in circumstance. I bought this V Type Trace 4 x 8” Combo earlier this year from Overwater (thanks for the snaps Matt) here on BassChat specifically for a residency we had. The residency has finished for the summer and my work circumstances have also changed to include international travel which means when the residency comes around again I will not be able to meet the commitment. With reluctance I am allowing this magnificent, typically Trace Sounding combo back out of captivity.

The amp is in immaculate condition considering its age, missing a metal corner but you take one of the bottom and sort that and a small hole about the size of a 5p piece on the back of the cabinet, not detrimental to anything and not loose to snag anything. It handles my 5 ers and with an extension cab it would give it’s full output.

V-Type preamp, 280W RMS (@ 4 ohm) MOSFET power amp, castors have been added to the combo, 42kg, 530mm wide, 630mm tall and 335mm deep. More snaps if you need them.

Looking for £400.00 no trades, shipping is about £25.00. PM me
[attachment=54250:Trace_4_x_8.png]

[quote name='Merton' post='895074' date='Jul 14 2010, 08:58 PM']Heavy as hell but a lovely amp. I had it before Matt, have a bump :)[/quote]

Yep saw that, brilliant for a residency

[quote name='Oldman' post='897113' date='Jul 17 2010, 09:36 AM']Saturday Bump and... OK I am open to trades :)[/quote]

Monday morning update: I am looking to sell or Trade for an Amp head small lightweight, EA, Mesa Walkabout, Eden something along those line cash either way. But hey, what you got...

[quote name='Oldman' post='898562' date='Jul 19 2010, 05:50 AM']Monday morning update: I am looking to sell or Trade for an Amp head small lightweight, EA, Mesa Walkabout, Eden something along those line cash either way. But hey, what you got...[/quote]

Ok Ok No interest, I'll leave it at this untill the end of the Month, then Fleabay it. But you can make me an offer?

[quote name='Oldman' post='894987' date='Jul 14 2010, 07:25 PM']Now Then Now Then, I have an historic piece of Bass Amp Electrickery for sale due to a change in circumstance. I bought this V Type Trace 4 x 8” Combo earlier this year from Overwater (thanks for the snaps Matt) here on BassChat specifically for a residency we had. The residency has finished for the summer and my work circumstances have also changed to include international travel which means when the residency comes around again I will not be able to meet the commitment. With reluctance I am allowing this magnificent, typically Trace Sounding combo back out of captivity.

The amp is in immaculate condition considering its age, missing a metal corner but you take one of the bottom and sort that and a small hole about the size of a 5p piece on the back of the cabinet, not detrimental to anything and not loose to snag anything. It handles my 5 ers and with an extension cab it would give it’s full output.

V-Type preamp, 280W RMS (@ 4 ohm) MOSFET power amp, castors have been added to the combo, 42kg, 530mm wide, 630mm tall and 335mm deep. More snaps if you need them.

Looking for £400.00 no trades, shipping is about £25.00. PM me
[attachment=54250:Trace_4_x_8.png][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]PRICE DROP £350.00, you know it makes sense.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='overwater#1' post='922229' date='Aug 12 2010, 01:20 AM']....wait a minute, I recognise that amp!?!?

Shame you're moving it on, great piece of kit. Usual trace, fantastic stuff!!!

Hope it works out!

Anyone questioning dealing with this fine gentleman, have no worries! It's a real pleasure!

Very best wishes! :) Matt

Thanks Matt, residency ended for summer recess and I am now travelling more than I did In Murmansk as we speak.............Sounded brilliant with my Pace upright 5.[/quote]