Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Outboard Pre/DI

krispn

Hey folks,

Seen lots of decent press and reviews about the Sad pre/di. For some tunes in my bands I'd like to 'stand out' more at certain times to really drive a certain part of the song or add emphasis. I use a couple of dirt pedals to add some colour to my tone but I don't always feel that dirt is suitable on every occasion.
I've been looking at other options for added variety including the P retro and the Sadowsky pre/di

Am I correct in saying the Sadowsky basically make Jazz style basses and if so would the pre/di be better suited to a jazz or equally at home on a p bass? It seems like such a silly question as any effect can be paired with any instrument (within reason) but just a consideration

The foot switching ability is what attracts me to the Sad plus the di out so when Im not playing my own rig I can be sure of a decent tone going to the foh.

Any advice is appreciated.

I started a thread about this on friday
I hadn't heard of them until friday morning but atfer some hard googling i decided that yes, it doers seem more suited to Jazz basses, although of course any bass should benefit from it.

This is my thread.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=94494"]Sad vs sansamp thread[/url]

Saying that, ive not used on yet. mine is coming this week from another member so ill let you know after next weekend.

Edited by dave_bass5