Why become a member? ×

Anyone got an electro-acoustic bass I could borrow?

StevieC

Hi all,

I'm North East England based - Anyone feeling generous to loan me their electro-acoustic 4 or 5 string for a one-off function my covers band are doing?

We'll be without a drummer (for the first time) so it seems like the ideal opportunity to go acoustic as it were...

Obviously I'll treat it like royalty, and supply something as security if you wish.

Anyway, PM me if you can help - Cheers.

Stevie C

I dont have one unfortunately, but have you considered using an electric and a small combo? IME it should sit just as nicely in the mix as an electro acoustic (I think to really get a proper acoustic bass sound, you need a double bass!) with the right EQ :)

[quote name='Wil' post='890507' date='Jul 9 2010, 03:25 PM']I dont have one unfortunately, but have you considered using an electric and a small combo? IME it should sit just as nicely in the mix as an electro acoustic (I think to really get a proper acoustic bass sound, you need a double bass!) with the right EQ :)[/quote]

Cheers, that's what I'll do if there are no offers. I'd love to try a double bass sometime, but the transition will no doubt be a tricky one, having only messed around on my daughter's 3/4 size cello up till now.

Steve

An acoustic does sound a lot more like what your after than elec with a combo,I have an Ozark 4 string and at least you can get the drumming noises and you can tap along like a drum etc to get a rhythm going that you cant get on an electric.You are welcome to lend mine too but as above Im midlands so probably too far away I guess?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='890669' date='Jul 9 2010, 06:25 PM']An acoustic does sound a lot more like what your after than elec with a combo,I have an Ozark 4 string and at least you can get the drumming noises and you can tap along like a drum etc to get a rhythm going that you cant get on an electric.You are welcome to lend mine too but as above Im midlands so probably too far away I guess?[/quote]

Cheers, but you're a bit far to travel.

[quote name='witterth' post='890658' date='Jul 9 2010, 06:15 PM']Ive got a takmine "g series" 4 string electro accoustic 3 band EQ 4 string
but Im Rochdale, lancashire.
any use to you? how soon do you need it?
W
Oops should have been a pm!![/quote]

THanks anyway but Rochdale's a bit far to travel.