Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB212

franzbassist

[quote name='Bankai' timestamp='1319723800' post='1417746']
If you've got a Micro VR, why not use the specially designed Ampeg 2x10 to go with it? :)
[/quote]

A fair point. Thing is I'm after a single cab ideally, and I'd need 2 of the Ampeg SVT210AVs to get the full power of the mighty Micro VR. Also, each weighs just a little less than a single Ashdown LB212 (which is 4 ohm and will draw the full oomph from the head).

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='ojplaysbass' timestamp='1319811614' post='1418890']
the ashdown shares more or less the same specs as the gallien krueger 212 MBE cab (the GK handles 600 watts and doesn't have a port like the ashdown)

has anyone tried these a/b style? they're pretty much the same price too....
[/quote]

Spooky stuff - I've been looking at this cab too. Are they not ported? I'd assumed they were - probably incorrectly. Any comparison would be mightily interesting :)

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1319829369' post='1419178']Are they not ported? I'd assumed they were - probably incorrectly. Any comparison would be mightily interesting[/quote]

Yes, there's a long port all the way down the right hand side as you look at the cab from front on.

[quote name='ojplaysbass' timestamp='1319843788' post='1419385']
sorry - i was talking about the GK being un-ported (is that a word?)

[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_mbe_series.html"]http://www.gallien-k...mbe_series.html[/url]
[/quote]

Yes so was I :) According to the product leaflet (downloaded from that page), all the MBE series are front ported. Looking at the freq response it appears they are tweetered too. At that low price hopefully not one of those hissy, harsh things.

Cheers

Geoff