Why become a member? ×

Modulus Flea Blue Sparkle FS/FT *SOLD*

tonyf

[b]TRADED. [/b]

[b]Sorry, I'm usually meticulous about updating statuses but dropped a clog with this. [/b]

Hi All,

After much deliberation, I've decided to let go of my Blue Sparkle Modulus Flea. I've been using my Spector almost exclusively for the covers band I'm doing nowadays and the Flea really hasn't had a look in for the past year or so. Guess I'm also probably looking for something a little less aggressive and modern-sounding to compliment the Spector.

My Flea was brought direct from Basscentral in the States back in 2006. It's a 05 model and has since had retrofitted a Aguilar OBP-3 3 band preamp and also a Seymour Duncan SMB-4a alnico "MM" type pickup to give it a little more of the pre-EB Stingray vibe.

It's a fabulous sounding bass, really crisp, punchy, open and articulate but with loads of grunt when needed. The OBP-3 has made such a difference to the tone shaping capabilities, one can cut or boost the mids to give it a lot more presence in the mix. It's a great player, a really low action and being graphite-necked, it's never moved. Steady as a rock.

It's pristine save for a couple of very minor nicks. Both on the back, one in the rib-cage cutaway and the other in the middle of the back of the bass. Being a sparkle, you need to really look for them! Comes with the Modulus hard case.

Would prefer a cash sale for around the £850 mark but also looking for trades (plus some cash adjustment either way). After something a little more traditional-ish. Perhaps a Lakland JO or BG, a Roadword Fender Precision or Jazz or maybe, and here's a couple of curveballs, a Warwick Thumb (as I miss that lovely woody bark) or a Spector Euro 5 (as I've just stumbled across a vid of my old band where I was using one and it sounded great). Ultimately, open to trades so what ya got. PM me as I can only say no ;-)

Any questions, PM.

Cheers
Tony

[attachment=53723:Basses_32.jpg]
[attachment=53724:Basses_35.jpg]
[attachment=53725:Basses_38.jpg]
[attachment=53726:Basses_41.jpg]
[attachment=53727:Basses_44.jpg]
[attachment=53728:Basses_47.jpg]

Edited by tonyf

• 1 year later...