Why become a member? ×

One Brandoni kit is on it's way

HarryPotter

Just ordered a PJ body with a Jazz neck (Maple) and all the gubbins from Brandoni.

Acording to them the wood bits are made in the Fender factory in Japan, not sure how true this is but as long as the quality is half way to the other Jap guitars I have / have had (Tokais) then I am gonna be one happy bunny.

I'll probably replace most of the hardware, it's more decent wood I was interested in (ooh-err missus!).

Now, how to finish the body.....

I've used a few bodies and necks - looked pretty much identical to the Jap Squier stuff from the late 80's to me (router humps and all..)

Have fun (and yes, the tuners are fine if they're the Gotoh ones, but the other hardware isn't very nice...you'll probably replace it)

BB

i put together a neck thru from him back in the late 80s/early 90s.

i pretty much hammered the screws in, held the wiring together with insulation tape and never applied a finish. it was my main bass for years...never cut out, never went out of tune and survived several deliberate drops to the stage floor.

cracking bass.

The decision for me is the body finish, being a huge Pink Floyd fan my first inclination was the black body / black pickguard / maple neck.

But I have now being thinking about a themed paint finish (I am pretty hand at paint jobs etc.) so was thinking about a painted design a la Pink Floyd.

Any suggestions?

TIA

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='98587' date='Dec 4 2007, 07:54 AM']The decision for me is the body finish, being a huge Pink Floyd fan my first inclination was the black body / black pickguard / maple neck.

But I have now being thinking about a themed paint finish (I am pretty hand at paint jobs etc.) so was thinking about a painted design a la Pink Floyd.

Any suggestions?

TIA[/quote]

Stick with black and have the Dark Side of the Moon prism... ?

Kit arrived today, the wood is of excellent quality, 3 piece alder body (basically one big lump and small wings), neck is excellent with lovely medium to vintage frets (I dont care for jumbos, I like to feel the wood under my fingers).

Communication was excellent, postage was 24hr, and they gave me exactly what I asked for, a PJ body, maple Jazz neck and black scratchplate with the holes for neck & bridge pre-frilled into the body.

Can't ask for more that that. I know I am going to enjoy building and playing this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Xmas got in the way, I haven't been on here since Xmas Eve.

Did a bit of work on the neck (800 grit to get it how I want it), will get my bro to finish the body soon (he sprays cars for a living).

Tempted to upgrade the hardware prior to the build but will probably shove the kit stuff in and see how it goes.

I want to oil finish the neck but also want to fit a decal, I am usure if this is doable - any ideas?